Best Droid Apps

martin9752

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the Droid and so far so good. I was just wondering what must have apps there are out there. I am def looking for a better keyboard as the droid one is so close together. Is there a better one out there that allows more space between letters, (basically fat fingers lol). Also any other cool,fun,usable apps. Lastly I was wondering what faceboook app is best for this. I know the droid stock sucks for notifications and was wondering what would be best for that? Thanks for all the help.
Martin

baniels

Reaction score
The reviews for it aren't very good, but you could check out Thickbuttons. It's new and in the market.

For the other stuff, just browse around and search. There are a lot of past and current discussions covering all sorts of applications.

Welcome aboard.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Browse the apps section of the forum here for all sorts of ideas for apps. Or you can ask if there is an app for one of your hobbies or areas of interest.
HelixLauncher is a cool app. It lets you have up to 7 desktops instead of the 3 that come with the phone. There are apps that let you listen to streaming police/fire channels, tune your guitar, various games, geocaching apps and the list goes on.

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response the facebook notifications are one that bothers me and is there a beta of Swype?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
how do i download the swipe app from the link you game me? I am new to this.

Champers

Reaction score
Once you download the apk, move it to your SD card. Download a file manager (like astro) and click it, then open the application installer.

ldimick

Reaction score
I REALLY like the HTC keyboard. It is laid out differently and with my big fingers it works much better for me. Because of these big fingers I like to use Easy SMS when sending email if I am near my computer.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Radiotime is by far the best app I have found for radio as well as police streams. It costs three dollars but I use it several hours each day so it pays for itself

bodean

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the Droid and so far so good. I was just wondering what must have apps there are out there. I am def looking for a better keyboard as the droid one is so close together. Is there a better one out there that allows more space between letters, (basically fat fingers lol). Also any other cool,fun,usable apps. Lastly I was wondering what faceboook app is best for this. I know the droid stock sucks for notifications and was wondering what would be best for that? Thanks for all the help.
Martin

Another one of these threads? Please, my friend, use the Search function.

allo_87

Reaction score
I REALLY like the HTC keyboard. It is laid out differently and with my big fingers it works much better for me. Because of these big fingers I like to use Easy SMS when sending email if I am near my computer.

I definitely second this!!!

I've tried just about every keyboard out there except for swype and after going back to stock from "Better keyboard" I can say HTC keyboard is the way to go. With the portrait keyboard I can type on ALMOST as fast as on the horizontal one and I have a lot less typing errors now. I've only been using it two days but it was an immediate improvement.

They just released v18 I think, it's not on the market though...(to the best of my knowledge) You'll find it on XDA in the Nexus One area though I'm pretty sure there's a thread here with it as well... Put the two APKs in the root of your SD then browse to them with astro and install. You'll have to choose it in your keyboard settings and probably poke through the settings if you have anything special in mind or want it to make sound (I also like how this lets me LOCK the typing volume)

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey Allo,

I am new to the forums and to the droid, what is XDA?

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Is there anyone that can post a link on this site? I would really like to get this keyboard...

samredman

Reaction score