Best Cheap Noise Canceling Headphones for Droid

rda990

Reaction score
Skullcandy buds.

Yup...I have the ink'd skull candys (20 retail ,13 ebay) and they are one of the best pair of headphones I have had...when you put them on you can't hear anything outside and the best part is the bass sounds really good.

J

Johnly

Skullcandy buds.

Yup...I have the ink'd skull candys (20 retail ,13 ebay) and they are one of the best pair of headphones I have had...when you put them on you can't hear anything outside and the best part is the bass sounds really good.
Yup, they are king. My inked buds lasted a year (with teen age girls pulling on them) I upgraded to the 40 dollar ones and couldn't be happier, as I keep them away from my daughter and her friends!

jeebuss1

Reaction score
I have been using the skullcandy titans for a couple of weeks and I'm very impressed. Very well made and sound great. I think I'm going to have to try a pair of the PL-30's though.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Denon is what will be in and over my ears for years to come. Amazing sound and design. I believe they make a pair thats under $50 but im not sure.
(Btw, 200th post! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:)

Wagner :motdroidvert:

funken

Reaction score
The V Moda Bass Freq have amazing sound and bass for $25 earphones... that is once you get the seal correct with your ears.

Nickmast

Reaction score
Creative EP-630's. I just bought another pair yesterday. $13 plus $4.99 shipping on Amazon. They used to cost $40. Great sounding in-ear buds. You will be totally surprised at how good they sound.

qoncept

Reaction score
Firstly... Nothing Bose makes is worth even 1/10th the asking price when taking actual sonic characteristics into consideration - NOTHING.​

Secondly... All IEM (In Ear Monitor) earspeakers incorporate some degree of 'noise canceling' due to the very nature of their designs.​

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want a measure of sound-quality in an IEM, I suggest the Soundmagic PL30 SoundMagic PL-30 Professional IEM - Free Fiio E3 - Free Shipping [PL30] - $28.48 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player.​

Enjoy!​
I've tried just about everything and the Bose QuietComfort series are the only headphones I've ever tried that should honestly be called "noise cancelling" headphones. The rest are complete garbage, and I spent a lot of money to figure that out. Sure, Bose is horribly overpriced and overrated for everything other than the QC headphones, but these are easily their best product.

TravisA

Reaction score

aristo1963

Reaction score

How do these sound?We have to wear earplugs at work,and you may have just shown me a set that will allow me to not get hassled at work lol.
I work in a pretty loud factory, and the earplugs work great! They do block out the noise, and sound quality is pretty good.

Good, I do to.I just ordered a set.

drwiremore

Reaction score
Firstly... Nothing Bose makes is worth even 1/10th the asking price when taking actual sonic characteristics into consideration -​

My son purcased for me the bose in ear (hard wired) buds and microphone. The sound quality heard was outstanding. The microphone quality was a disaster. Tested them on a droid and blackberry. Microphone terrible; would pass as a headset; great for music.

cibor

Reaction score
Maybe I'm old school and maybe I'm just not "built" for earbuds, but every pair I've tried always come out.

So I'm looking for a headset and microphone to use with my new Droid X that I can use on our noisy Metro to both listen to (and enjoy) my music and make calls.

Any suggestions on an over-the-ear noise cancelling headphone with microphone?

Thanks.

EbE404

Reaction score
I am looking for the best in-ear noise canceling headphones for my Droid.

I am looking for an under $25 pair

I'm sorry, but the reality is those two statements contradict each other.

What you seem to be looking for is a listening device that reduces background noise. There are three ways to achieve this-isolation, active noise cancellation or a combination of the two.

Isolation will block the sound. In a headphone, this will involve a "closed" design that will completely cover your ear and are generally going to be relatively bulky. Looking at studio quality headphones, and you will get a sense of the design, recommended brands would be Sony, Sennheiser, Audio Technica and AKG. Please note that there are "semi-open" designs that are designed to let in some ambient sound, so make sure you look for a fully closed design. These normally sound great, but as I say, are bulky.

For isolation in earbuds, you want something that inserts into the ear canal, ideally with a "plunger" design. Higher-end, IEM-based models will allow custom molds to be used. Sound quality, comfort and isolation with those is outstanding, but this can get really spendy and is way above what you say your budget is. I do not have personal experience with them, but the SkullCandy buds have gotten good reviews (here and in other places) and would probably fit your needs.

Active noise cancellation uses a microphone to sample the ambient sound, then active electronics to invert the phase and inject that signal into the transducers. The algorithms used can vary in quality, and the inherent nature of the technology causes the noise canceling to become less effective at higher frequencies. Because of that, the best systems will use a combination of isolation and cancellation.

People like the Bose because they combine good active cancelation with isolation and they are comfortable. My personal opinion is that they do not sound that great and they are overpriced for what they are, but for those who have posted saying they like them, more power to you.

Personally, I travel with a pair of Audio Technica noise canceling ear buds that work quite well and sound good. My only quibble is that they can start to get uncomfortable after about 5 hours on a plane.

So, for longer flights, I use Sennheiser PCX250 headphones. These have limited isolation, but very good cancelation algorithms, sound good, are comfortable and are compact.

I leave my high-end Sennheiser headphones and Etymotic earbuds at home when I travel-the Sennehisers are too bulky for travel and both are too expensive to be sacrificed to the Laws of Murphy that seem to stalk me (and my bags) when I travel.