best buy

AdamMax350

Reaction score
is it true that if I get the one from best buy that there is a 40/mo line usage fee on top of data?? Guy told me 110/mo as opposed to the 70 I pay now?? any thoughts?? thanks.

jamjr74

Reaction score
If ur adding a line yes if it's a straight upgrade then no.

Galaxy S4!!!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Yes, there is a line usage fee of $40 for smartphones and $30 for basic phones. That fee is to cover the unlimited minutes and texts. This is for the share everything plan. If I were on the share everything plan then I would pay $60 for 2GB data, $40 for my smartphone and $30 for my wife's basic phone. However, we have an old grandfathered shared 500 minutes plan. We pay $50 for the primary line, $10 for the second line and I pay $30 for 2GB of data for my smartphone. Texting is not included and would cost $0.20 per text or an extra $20 per line for unlimited texts.

If you had a grandfathered plan then you should be able to stay with that and just pay what you did before, but you would lose unlimited data if you had that and buy the One at the $50 price. What plan did you have that only cost $70 per month? Was it an old grandfathered single line plan? If so then you should be able to keep it.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
grandfathered unlimited. single line. verizon, and I'll keep it. thanks for the info.

You will lose the unlimited data if you buy the HTC One at the $50 price. Your monthly rate of $70 will not change, but you will go from unlimited data to 2GB unless you can get them to put you on the 6GB max plan. Apparently they are allowing people with unlimited for $30 to go to 6GB instead of 2GB when they buy a new phone at the subsidized price. I didn't know about it when I got my One so I'm not sure what you have to do to get the 6GB or if they will even do it.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
why is best buy selling this phone so cheap and everyone else has it for either $199 or $149?