best buy insurance

d_outlaw

Reaction score
I Got galaxy S3 3 days ago yesterday I accidentally dropped it a foot off the ground it just kind beat one side of the phone up still works good just scratched it up and took a couple little chunks of it so what do I do to get it replaced today I got it at bestbuy and got the insurance they said they will have to send it in and it will take a week to get it back so what should I do

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Won't help this situation, but cancel BBY and get Asurion. Next day instead of next week

Reaction score
??? why cancel? Thats what BBY "Geek Squas Protection" is for. ADH == Accidental Damage from Handling. $0 Deductible and you pay for the plan outright. With some items, if you use the protection on a device you are even able to have a prorated amount returned to you. Ask you local Best Buy if you have any questions about what you bought or how you should handle your situation.

thisiswang

Reaction score
??? why cancel? Thats what BBY "Geek Squas Protection" is for. ADH == Accidental Damage from Handling. $0 Deductible and you pay for the plan outright. With some items, if you use the protection on a device you are even able to have a prorated amount returned to you. Ask you local Best Buy if you have any questions about what you bought or how you should handle your situation.

i used to work for geek squad. best cell phone insurance there is. whatever happens to it... pretty much no questions asked... they will replace it. sure it take about 3 business days but with assurion you pay $10-$15 a month plus a hundred dollar deductible EVERY time you need the phone replaced.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Time to buy a good case..if you dropped it in the first days of owning it when your usually more careful.. why bother getting cosmetic damage fixed... the screen isn't broken.. just use it til you break the screen then get it replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

Why cancel... cause BBY takes your phone away, and then takes a week to get your phone back to you. Who in this day an age can be incommunicado for that long? Assurion is next day, and if you have any functionality at all, you still have use of your phone while your are waiting. I never understood why BBY took so long, but I always thought it was Geek Squad. Geek Squas :icon_eek: explains a lot. I guess it's the whole smoke signal thing :biggrin:

kgula

Reaction score
Doesn't BB also give you a phone to use while yours is being repaired?

R

RETG

Wow, a week that kind of sucks. Would not work for me; my cell is the only phone I have (other than Onstar in my vehicle).

Has anyone ever checked with your bank's visa card? I have replacement insurance (includes theft, damage, BUT NOT lost.) via my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card. The will cover up to $600.00 to replace the phone so long as I pay my Verizon bill with the credit card.

"Protection is subject to a $25 deductible and maximum benefit limit of $600 per
occurrence. Protection covers cellular telephones billed to your Wells Fargo Credit Card, subject to a maximum of two claims,
per twelve month period, per Wells Fargo Credit Card
account number. Protection covers cellular telephones that are stolen or
damaged; protection does not cover cellular telephones that are lost."

OP
D

d_outlaw

Reaction score
I just and up getting a good case I'll just wait a little bit prob in a couple weeks I'll take it in just kinda sucks to wait a week to get it back but there giveing me a brand new phone so I guess it's not that big of a deal

Caesars

Reaction score
If you go through asurion im pretty sure its a refurb.....maybe new since its brand new. Trust me when i say YOU DO NOT WANT A REFURB FROM asurion lol, 2 years of headache.

Googorola MAXX