Best Apps to use in Airplane mode- (while traveling on an airplane!)

Candace

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to take a trip and will be in the air for 5 hours. What are the best apps to download to my Droid and use while traveling?

Are there any movie apps- that I can download to my phone and watch in the air? I am traveling w/ a toddler (on my lap) so using my Droid will be much easier than trying to play a DVD on a full sized laptop.

Any fun games too?

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Angry Birds......

dbst

Reaction score
Bubble Buster!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Thanks! I have Angry Birds. I'll have to check out Bubble Buster. Does anyone know about any apps to download movies- and watch on my phone w/out streaming?

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Hook it to your PC and move a film over to the SD card?
No Wifi on the plane?

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
ok- I did some research. I'm flying US Airways. I can purchase WiFi access in the air. Here are the costs:
Flight length

Up to 1½ hours

1½ to 3 hours

Over 3 hours

Laptop netbook$4.95$9.95$12.95Mobile device$4.95$7.95$7.95

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just grab gameboid, gbcoid, snesoid, gensoid, whatever classic console/handheld emulator fits your fancy, and the app rom gripper (rom gripper++ can even find n64 roms!), and go to town on all those games you sorely miss.

Costs no $$ unless you want to throw down 2 to 5 bucks for updates and loading save states.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

AngryHatter

Reaction score
ok- I did some research. I'm flying US Airways. I can purchase WiFi access in the air. Here are the costs:
Flight length

Up to 1½ hours

1½ to 3 hours

Over 3 hours

Laptop netbook$4.95$9.95$12.95Mobile device$4.95$7.95$7.95

I recently flew Alaskan and the flight was 20 minutes late. They gave us free drinks and Wifi to make up for it.
;)

kevdog

Reaction score
If you are going to watch a movie, Id use the combination of DVD Shrink(may need DVD Decrypter/AnyDVD) along with Handbrake to convert it to mp4.

As a side note, watching a movie drains the battery fast. I get maybe 2 hours and then the phone is dead. Sucks if you have to actually call someone once you arrive.

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
If you are going to watch a movie, Id use the combination of DVD Shrink(may need DVD Decrypter/AnyDVD) along with Handbrake to convert it to mp4.

As a side note, watching a movie drains the battery fast. I get maybe 2 hours and then the phone is dead. Sucks if you have to actually call someone once you arrive.

good point! I will look into those. I did download the app Droid TV to record episodes of shows I like to watch- to my SD card- but if my battery runs out- it may be for not....so i might have to throw onto my laptop after all! either way- thanks for the heads up!