best app killer

jkcerda

Reaction score
few applications running, I need to keep killing facebook, music, microphone ETC.

Love the phone, wish battery would last longer:)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have just the Droid, but I have Advance Task Manager (not Killer) and System Panel.

I don't use them to kill apps (they do other things as well) as I let the OS take care of that. I figure it knows more about what should be going than I do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
few applications running, I need to keep killing facebook, music, microphone ETC.

Love the phone, wish battery would last longer:)

I see other threads that actually say the App Killers can adversely affect the phone performance, battery, etc.

I uninstalled my App Killer based on those threads this morning and my phone lasted well through the day into the evening. The battery for me seems to last a while, you just have to make sure that you have your Battery Manager settings properly set.

The biggest drain is keeping the brightness on the HUGE screen on this thing down whenever possible. Put the phone into sleep when you aren't working it also helps. Also, if you haven't done so already, let your battery "die" and then charge it to 100%, so it "learns" the thresholds.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The best one is....None....

Let the OS do it's job....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The app killer running (will consume battery) and constantly killing apps (that are going to reopen any) will consume battery.

Your best bet for battery life is to avoid task killers. They are not needed. If they were, Google would have included them in the Android OS.

OP
J

jkcerda

Reaction score
The best task killer is the one that is already built into Android!
seems not to be working all that great, went to the store and THEY recommended task killer, not sure why, guy re-installed it and it showed 25 task running already.

phone reset itself a while ago while I was in the store.
not sure what the hell was that about.

bs1946

Reaction score
Had my Droid X since Friday. Battery life was wizzing by so I spent today with Tech guy at VZ store. He went into Advanced Task Killer and set auto kill frequency to when screen is off. Now find very few apps running and battery life has improved.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
Had my Droid X since Friday. Battery life was wizzing by so I spent today with Tech guy at VZ store. He went into Advanced Task Killer and set auto kill frequency to when screen is off. Now find very few apps running and battery life has improved.

i did this only with advanced task cleaner 2.0 and battery life is much better. i prefer that one to atk simply because you get to manually pick the apps that are on the autokill list. although it is a bit strenuous at first to set it all up, once it is all set it up it turned out to be the best battery and performance wise for me. i set mine up so it kills all the games and useless apps that are just for fun, and leaves all the backround sync and system apps running (basically the ones that will just have to reboot themselves anyway)

ffej89

Reaction score
If the apps in the background are not using your cpu and consuming battery life why do you feel the need to kill them?