Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-atrix-4g.jpg

The rumored dual core Motorola Android powered phone many of us have been waiting for has finally unveiled and what we thought for sure was going to be the Motorola Olympus is now confirmed to be the Motorola Atrix 4G. The hardware specs on this device are simply amazing and will surely have most of us drooling over this phone. So lets jump right into the internal goodies:

• Display: 4.0" QHD with 24-bit color graphics (960X540 16:9, 24 bit, 518,400 pixels) refreshes faster than any other smartphones
  • Camera: 5 MP autofocus with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera
  • Processor: nVidia Tegra dual-core 1 Ghz processor-the world's most advanced mobile processor featuring dual core technology including 3D graphics
  • Memory: 1GB Ram and up to 48GB Storage (16gb Internal, 32GB External)
  • Advanced fingerprint recognition reader keeps everything secure – only you can access what's on your device
  • Pocket or dock it – experience connected computing no matter where you are with MOTOROLA Laptop Dock and HD Multimedia Dock
  • Dimensions: 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches
  • Weight: 4.8 ounces
  • Battery: 1930 mAh lithium cell
  • Bluetooth: Version 2.1+EDR with stereo
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n and unlimited usage on AT&T's entire national Wi-Fi network†
  • Talk time: Up to 9 hours
  • Standby Time: Up to 10.4 days

The phone is expected to launch on AT&T within a couple of months. While there wasn't any mention of the device coming to Verizon at CES there is a rumor floating around we'll see this device on Verizon soon after the AT&T release. Maybe for Big Red users it will still release as the Motorola Olympus?? Hopefully we'll learn more when Verizon presents at CES tomorrow.

UPDATE: Official Atrix site is live TAKE A LOOK HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:

jlukes

Reaction score
As long as one of these bad boys is on Verizon by July, it's gravy

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n and unlimited usage on AT&T's entire national Wi-Fi network†

Looks like AT&T
:(

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I guess they said it could be coming to Verizon on another version. That would be nice.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I just died a little inside when i saw it was at&t:icon_ nono2:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This device will in fact hit VZW. Probably not under the same moniker but it will be hitting Verizon supposedly in the February/March time frame

cjreyes666

Reaction score
my heart pounded so fast when i read the specs but almost had heart attack when a saw att that blows. in another note do u guys believe if any of this 4g phones that vzw would be providng would be world phones since some months ago i was reading that 4g sim cards were coming out to vzw stores.

Neutrino

Reaction score
Is this a phone I wouldn't mind holding onto for 20 months? Hmm. :icon_ banana:

yukmizzee

Reaction score
AT&T?? Really? First question that comes to mind is why? Hope we see a Verizon version SOON..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This device will in fact hit VZW. Probably not under the same moniker but it will be hitting Verizon supposedly in the February/March time frame

I hope you re right but i have feeling it'll come out this june to rival iphone5 ?
Nope they will have better ones out by then. Plus iPhone is just rumor at this point don't count on it happening this year.

Regardless, by the time June/July rolls around we are going to be looking a some serious upgraded hardware.

@Dan here's the mention of the release on VZW. Question was asked: "i wonder if I have to wait until the end of the 1st quarter 2011 for the phone to be released?"

To which the reply : "^Yes,you will have to wait til then^.this is a fact and not fiction ..."

As I said before, those that know of this guy know he has NEVER been wrong. Here is link for reference

Verizon Droid "superphone" Pre-release thread

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hows this for resolution?

960X540 16:9, 24 bit, 518,400 pixels