Beautiful widgets wont re download

bmangerie

Reaction score
I purchased beautiful widgets and it started to freeze and force close. So I uninstalled it but now instead of re-downloading it just hangs there. It tries to download and one of 2 things happen. It sits at the download screen and nothing happens, or it downloads buy doesnt install. It shows that it has downloaded the file but never says installing.

The original issues was that it would force close or the time wouldn't update so at 11pm it would still show a time from the afternoon..... ANY IDEAS?

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I've had the same issues. My phone was trying to update BW and it sat there at "Authorizing Purchase" for an entire day. Trying to cancel the attempted install would cause the market to FC, even rebooting the phone didn't fix it.

-Mike

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. The Market tells me that there is an update, it downloads it, and then nothing happens. From reading some of the comments in the market, this is a good thing because the latest update has all kinds of problems. A lot of people say that the new version drains the battery and that the clock and weather won't work right. The dev website gives no info, and I know they are being bombarded with emails, so I don't know what to think. I hope someone can post some sort of answer here. Some info from the dev would be nice.

Rooted Moto Droid running Froyo

coolkidd

Reaction score
I have the same problem.... but with Pure Calendar Widget (Agenda).... It is stuck on "Authorizing Purchase..." and cancelling it would force close the market. Been like this for 3 days now. I just emailed the dev and I am still waiting for his response.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
3.04 Works Fine both the Clock and Weather, what most people miss is the note saying to re-enter location for the weather to work correctly.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Mine still downloads several times a day and will not install. Here is the rsponse I got back from the dev:

"Did you have the widgets installed before the update? if yes it might be a market glitch and I have no idea on how to fix it for you beside waiting. Maybe google has some problems with their download servers"

"Google really need to fix their servers because that start to piss me off, really!"

I have other programs downloading updates and installing correctly almost every day. The comments section of BW is filled with people having the same problem as me, so I don't know what else to do.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When the download hangs longpress on it and cancel download that way, it shouldn't fc the market, then try re downloading.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Tried that several times. The problem is not the download, it downloads fine, it just won't install.

Reaction score
Long press to cancel the download, go to settings>Applications and make sure the BW is not installed if it is uninstall. Restart the phone, go to market and install BW,

This is what I ended up having to do.

Bob

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Tried that, and now I have no widgets, and it still will not install. It just keeps downloading from the market without installing. I have emailed the dev again to see if they will just email it to me so I can manually install.