Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been Beautiful Widgets on my home screen for months. And while I accept the fact that the weather conditions and forecast are sometimes inaccurate (according to the developer), I've now found that it is SO wrong that it's ridiculous.

Over the last few days we went through an awful heat wave in the Seattle area. (Yes, I know it was nothing compared to what others have experienced, but we're all wienies about heat up here.)

My BW weather has been displaying a temperature that is about 30 degrees lower than reality and is currently displaying a "forecast" for Wednesday through Saturday that suggests it's January not July.

The problem has been apparent for days and cannot be solved by refreshing the weather. And despite the fact that I've configured the app to use "Weather Bug" for its forecasts, it apparently does not.

I understand that BW can't be responsible for server errors in sites it has no control over, but this is getting ridiculous.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Agreed. Its making me look bad in front of my iPhone friends.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird. Mine has always been dead on. So the dev knows about this issue and can't fix it?

villain1998

Reaction score
Mine has been dead on too in Seattle. Are you using Geolocation? Describe your settings please, perhaps I can figure it out?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last few days it's been OK but there was a day or two before that when it wasn't in the ballpark. Developer claims this is a Google issue.

REMilk

Reaction score
I was in Olympia for 2 weeks and returned to the East Coast yesterday. Beautiful Weather and Weather Bug have been reporting temps within1 degree F of each other and close to the local news announcements.

Make sure GPS is turned on.

No Problems for me.

Riley

Reaction score
Sounds like its not updating. Happened to me and geolocation stopped working. A simple cache delete and uninstall and reinstall fixed it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in Nashville, TN and since Thursday the BW forecast and even current temp has been ridiculous. Yes it's using location and yes I've tried to update it to NO effect... I don't know if they have secretly switched weather info providers or what but I can never find even 1 forecast from a trusted source (weather.com, accuweather, google weather ect.) that is even close to the BS that BW is showing... It's to the point that if it's not fixed soon I will be removing it. A 15-20 degree difference from ALL other media outlets is just pointless....

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. No problems with geolocation, gps, cache, or other settings. (I don't post problems here until I've been through the drill.)

However, uninstalling and reinstalling BW (with the same settings) straightened it out.

That's the good news. On the other hand, claiming that the problem lies in google's servers strikes me as something of a cop out when the problem is resolved by reinstalling the app.

pilot25

Reaction score
BW - Wrong Temps??

I have been reading about this for a while and have noticed the temp. going from a couple degrees off to 20 degrees today. It makes the app unuseable.

The DEV needs to link it to a different service if the one he uses now doesn't work.

I'm about to uninstall what was once the best app for the droid.

Anyone else have temp problems?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I think there's something going on with BW. Starting yesterday mine says "loading home widget" ann d it never loads. No matter how many times I trash and reload it.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about this for a while and have noticed the temp. going from a couple degrees off to 20 degrees today. It makes the app unuseable.

The DEV needs to link it to a different service if the one he uses now doesn't work.

I'm about to uninstall what was once the best app for the droid.

Anyone else have temp problems?

Yes, started another thread a couple of days ago. Eventually found that if I uninstalled and reinstalled it "solved" the problem. Until this morning. Now it's 20+ degrees (F) incorrect and cannot be fixed by reinstalling.

Unfortunately, as you note, it makes BW unusable. And providing the option to remove the weather information is hardly an adequate workaround.