Beautiful Widgets RC2

jt.02

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the widget clock updating?

antron007

Reaction score
Its just something that happens from time to time. It doesn't matter if You're rooted or not or what home/launcher you use. Its typical of any computer to have bugs. I say that because fones are basically computers anymore.

You can try removing then re-adding the wiget or just reboot the phone. That should take care of it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Zac7

Reaction score
I have only had an issue since using cm6 rc2. It will every now and then say problem loading widget. This use to happen when switching from landscape to portrait, but its doing it without even switching.

validoption

Reaction score
I have only had an issue since using cm6 rc2. It will every now and then say problem loading widget. This use to happen when switching from landscape to portrait, but its doing it without even switching.

It's not CM-specific. I have had this issue on many different ROMs, as well as with ADW and LauncherPro. It just seems to crop up from time to time and then it goes back to normal. I believe it has something to do with the servers from which BW gets its info.

OP
J

jt.02

Reaction score
Ok After giving this issue a few days this is what happens. First I have never had a problem with the clock updating until CM6 RC2. It is almost like the android system is killing BW when needed. I say this BC with light use I never have a problem. Now with heavy multi-tasking or extended web surfing I go back to the home screen and the clock no longer works on the widget. Even if I delete and re-install the widget it updates to the correct time but thats it....it sticks again. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Then it works fine until heavy use again. I have tried fixing permissions. I love this ROM and this is not a deal breaker for me! But I would like to get this fixed!

BTW this is why quit using "weather widget" I hate to see BW having the same problems.. :/

Last edited:

mightybrick

Reaction score
Ok After giving this issue a few days this is what happens. First I have never had a problem with the clock updating until CM6 RC2. It is almost like the android system is killing BW when needed. I say this BC with light use I never have a problem. Now with heavy multi-tasking or extended web surfing I go back to the home screen and the clock no longer works on the widget. Even if I delete and re-install the widget it updates to the correct time but thats it....it sticks again. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Then it works fine until heavy use again. I have tried fixing permissions. I love this ROM and this is not a deal breaker for me! But I would like to get this fixed!

BTW this is why quit using "weather widget" I hate to see BW having the same problems.. :/
I've been having trouble with the weather info not updating for the last few days. I think that is more an issue with google's servers, though.

OP
J

jt.02

Reaction score
Yeah I have had that problem in the past....I know BW has to download info for the weather from some server. In airplane mode the weather never updates but the time should keep up with the internal clock of the phone.

bassman1547

Reaction score
My Weather won't update. Clocks fine (BB 0.4). Strange though, On my computer Google Home page, the weather is not updating either. Hmm.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
From BW Dev...

Another User asked the developer about the issue of the weather and temperature not updating. Here is their response:

Hello,
Actually I am using Google as a weather provider which is not reliable recently. But I have good news. I now have an agreement with a professional weather feed and will use it. I am working on coding the new feed right now!"

Also, you can run this app and the Weather Channel app at the same time. I choose to turn off the BW temp notification in the notification bar but keep the Weather Channel temp notification on because it will turn red if there are any weather alerts. The Weather Channel app is good for real time radar (by choosing to map your location and then hitting the Play button). I link the three day BW forecast to the WC app in the BW options.]

HarshReality

Reaction score
Im hoping his new source for the feed has additional info like heat index and such that he can add to the widget. That would be sweet as all get out!