beats by dr. dre headphones and eris

McEris

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just setting up this thread to share information with other users.

I recently got a pair of beats by dr. dre solo edition headphones, that have a "controltalk" cable with a built in mike (thinking they would work with my my phone). Apparently, the mike for the solos does not work with the Eris. I read around and checked monster's website, which said that the "universal controltalk" (not the one included with the solo beats, but the studio beats) would work. Not wanting to shell out more money for a headphones that I didn't need, I called monster to see if I could order just the cable. For $19.95 I'll be getting the universal controltalk cable shipped to me, and it should work with the solo headphones and with the Eris.

Once it arrives I'll post again. I thought there might be other Eris users out there interested in beats headphones, especially for the microphone feature. I couldn't find much information about it anywhere.

Cheers,
McEris

OP
M

McEris

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in response, I went on a trip and then FedEx and I had a hard time connecting.

The answer is YES, the isonictalk black cable that comes with the Studio Beats can be substituted for the controltalk red cable that comes with the Solo Beats. and it works. I'm still a little unclear about the commands for the cable (press once to answer, long press to end call, two fast presses to skip ahead) but the most important part for me, the microphone, works with the Eris.

I hope this helps other users.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
people often mistake "lots of bass" for "good sound quality". these and the bose headphones / buds have the same problem... great bass boom, but muddy mids and highs. if you want good SQ, find some Grado, Shure, Etymotic or Klipsch ones. having said that, i REALLY REALLY want a set of these for when listening to some of my more bass-oriented music. sometimes it IS best to do one thing well. ;)

armeddroid

Reaction score
people often mistake "lots of bass" for "good sound quality". these and the bose headphones / buds have the same problem... great bass boom, but muddy mids and highs. if you want good SQ, find some Grado, Shure, Etymotic or Klipsch ones. having said that, i REALLY REALLY want a set of these for when listening to some of my more bass-oriented music. sometimes it IS best to do one thing well. ;)

I just want them when i am working on my Drum and Bass tracks.
Plus i use all of Dr Dre's sample library when i am in production. So...i would imagine it would be great with that library of samples. if not..then wth? lol
I do have a great set of Macintoshs...real sweet..
:D

Stinky Skunk

Reaction score
Could you please let me know where you bought your cable from, I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells it???