BB.V4 Video Playback Problem

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Ive placed this in Bugless thread and new post and tech issues i dont know where else to post for help this is really frustrating all i asked is for a lil direction a lil help please !!!

Top Props To Peter
First Id like to start of by saying peter does great great work on his roms i love them all and always use them. But i ve had a problem since i switched to BB.V4 with my video playback all the players Ive tried include Rock player,Divx Player , Act1 player and even the native player all do the same thing when i try to watch a video they play the video for a second or two then either freeze and still play audio is there any way to fix this or if it was brought up before and resolved im sorry but can someone point me in the right direction or help me out please ???

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had same issue and never figured it out but I have some thoughts.
if using set cpu can you LOCK it at min/max of 600 and see what that does?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
please let me know either way as this one perplexed me.

godfish

Reaction score
I answered your question in the BB forum.. I had the same thing happen to be with both SS4.5 and BB.4 I went to recovery and wiped/factory rest and rebooted. this fixed it for me..

then I did a restore of all my apps and settings. POP it works great now..

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I had same issue and never figured it out but I have some thoughts.
if using set cpu can you LOCK it at min/max of 600 and see what that does?

OK thanks i ll try it now

THANK YOU so so much i did what you said and BAM video and sound at the cost of slowing down my phone but its ok cause i messed with it a lil bit and did a lil experimenting and got it up to 1000MHz and video playback was still good thank you was very frustrated but i think im just gonna lower my kernel and call it a day thanks .....

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I answered your question in the BB forum.. I had the same thing happen to be with both SS4.5 and BB.4 I went to recovery and wiped/factory rest and rebooted. this fixed it for me..

then I did a restore of all my apps and settings. POP it works great now..

oh sorry i didn't see it there but thank you very much for your help i ll try that as well .

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
awesome, was thinking that was indicative of an overclock issue.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive placed this in Bugless thread and new post and tech issues i dont know where else to post for help this is really frustrating all i asked is for a lil direction a lil help please !!!

Top Props To Peter
First Id like to start of by saying peter does great great work on his roms i love them all and always use them. But i ve had a problem since i switched to BB.V4 with my video playback all the players Ive tried include Rock player,Divx Player , Act1 player and even the native player all do the same thing when i try to watch a video they play the video for a second or two then either freeze and still play audio is there any way to fix this or if it was brought up before and resolved im sorry but can someone point me in the right direction or help me out please ???

Glad it worked out for you. How do you like RockPlayer? Last time I used it some files it said it supported didn't play back smooth at all. I noticed now its a paid app too. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay 10 bucks only to find out it still was buggy.

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score

Top Props To Peter

Glad it worked out for you. How do you like RockPlayer? Last time I used it some files it said it supported didn't play back smooth at all. I noticed now its a paid app too. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay 10 bucks only to find out it still was buggy.

the rockplayer only playsback mp4 from ipod format clear with no problems
i tried mkv and they play like about 10 min then freeze or force close the phone .....and avi one episode of courtney and clhoe take miami plays good i tried to put another movie in the same format but no go so for now only mp4 in ipod format play clear and long for me .....bummer :angry: