Battery

cece5702

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, what do you consider heavy usage?
My battery indicator is around 30% at the end of my 15 hour day of useage while entirely away from any wifi connection. With a wifi connection for the full time my battery is at 40% after the 2nd day of useage. Pretty impressive if you ask me and 8 am a heavy user of my phone not only as a phone but as aocket computer. I have been unable to kill this phones battery in any single 15 hour days useage. Best phone I ever had and will be better nice ICS is pushed out to it.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, what do you consider heavy usage?

In excess of 75 emails a day from two email accounts, in excess of 50 texts per day, accessing calendar to enter or alter events 25 times a day, enter or alter to do list 25 times a day. Access excel spreadsheets 20 times a day as well as the same amount of word documents all of which are held in cloud storage. Creating and accessing over 20 PDF files daily using documents to go or cam scanner applications. Reading news articles for at least 45 minutes daily, google talk events at least 15 per day, checking on stock exchange and specific stocks at least 4 times a day, ereader access at least 30 minutes a day. Access on line bible application at least 15 minutes a day. Web useage at least 20 minutes a day. I might mention that all of my data is held on the cloud not on my phone so all of this time is utilizing a provider network, home wifi network or on the go hotspots.

cece5702

Reaction score
Do you use your phone much? Wow!!!! Lol.....
In excess of 75 emails a day from two email accounts, in excess of 50 texts per day, accessing calendar to enter or alter events 25 times a day, enter or alter to do list 25 times a day. Access excel spreadsheets 20 times a day as well as the same amount of word documents all of which are held in cloud storage. Creating and accessing over 20 PDF files daily using documents to go or cam scanner applications. Reading new articles for at least 45 minutes daily, google talk events at least 15 per day, checking on stock exchange and specific stocks at least 4 times a day, ereader access at least 30 minutes a day. Access on line bible application at least 15 minutes a day. Web useage at least 20 minutes a day. I might mention that all of my data is held on the cloud not on my phone so all of this time is utilizing a provider network, home wifi network or on the go hotspots.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Do you use your phone much? Wow!!!! Lol.....

So much so I purchased the Lapdock 500 Pro for my Razr Maxx for efficiency of operation of features that are not specifically dedicated to actual phone useage with is about 45 minutes per day. Also use the phones GPS when needed.

cece5702

Reaction score
Well I must say, seems like you get maximum use out of your Maxx! :)
So much so I purchased the Lapdock 500 Pro for my Razr Maxx for efficiency of operation of features that are not specifically dedicated to actual phone useage with is about 45 minutes per day. Also use the phones GPS when needed.

MAXXimumPOWER

Reaction score
Am I the only one with bad luck with this battery? At first I chalked up the battery being broken in, then it started to work as advertised. I would go two to three days between charges going between 4g and wifi and never charged it overnight. Now all of a sudden the phone loses 10 percent as soon as I turn it on in the morning and I have barely probably never used 4g and may get 8 to 10 hours of life if I'm lucky. I know you're probably wondering why I'd complain about that but compared to two days it's a drop off. Thoughts"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Am I the only one with bad luck with this battery? At first I chalked up the battery being broken in, then it started to work as advertised. I would go two to three days between charges going between 4g and wifi and never charged it overnight. Now all of a sudden the phone loses 10 percent as soon as I turn it on in the morning and I have barely probably never used 4g and may get 8 to 10 hours of life if I'm lucky. I know you're probably wondering why I'd complain about that but compared to two days it's a drop off. Thoughts"

Without going into a long explanation, the 10% drop you see is not a problem, it's a circumstance. While charging, the charging circuitry shuts down charging once the battery reaches 100% to prevent overcharging, a potentially dangerous situation. Once done, it continues to monitor the state of charge while the battery slowly discharges. Once the state of charge reaches 90%, the charger resumes charging back to 100%, and the whole routine starts over again.

When you remove it from charge, it could be anywhere between the 100% or 90% depending on when you happen to remove it. Since the meter reads in 10% increments, it will display 100% until it drops to 90%, at which point it will display 90% which could be minutes or an hour.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Hello, all.

What is the best battery saver app? I have been looking at the reviews of Easy Battery Saver (2Easy Team)?

Do you need a battery saver app or can Smart Actions do everything that an app can do to extend battery life?

Thank you.

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
No. Not sure what settings to agree to or how to reverse to factory setting if I make a change that I don't like.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No. Not sure what settings to agree to or how to reverse to factory setting if I make a change that I don't like.

I don't have a RAZR or Smart Actions so can't help much but I'm sure someone here will be able to help ya out...

GSdub510

Reaction score
What I love about this phone is that I don't have to stress about battery life. I haven't charged in 2 days and I'm at 40%. No need for a battery saver app. And smart actions is pointless to me. I can adjust brightness or turn on and off 4G, wifi, and GPS myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
What I love about this phone is that I don't have to stress about battery life. I haven't charged in 2 days and I'm at 40%. No need for a battery saver app. And smart actions is pointless to me. I can adjust brightness or turn on and off 4G, wifi, and GPS myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

So, are you saying the above 4 processes are the major draw off the battery and turning them off (until use is wanted) would help a lot? I have yet to see two days use and still left with 40%. And, I haven't even used it heavy with downloads, streaming, etc.

Maybe the Maxx is a huge improvement in battery life but, being this is my first smartphone, the battery draw is a HUGE difference from life with standard cells. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

CMDRSTP

Reaction score