Battery voltage drops seem unuusal

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
As was previously explained, you're worrying about "voltage" & "capacity", and that really isn't your problem. Your issue is battery life. Battery "capacity" is the terminology used for the size of your battery, posted in "mAh". mAh stands for milli Ampere hour or milli Amp hour. It is a measure of a battery's energy storage capacity.
If you're not experiencing the same "battery life" that you previously were, than you need to figure out what's draining your battery. It has nothing to do with "capacity" per se.

Are you joking?

Of course it has something to do with capacity.
That should be the first thing that is ruled out.
A battery with diminished capacity, will result in a shorter daily life, and IMHO, believe that is the first question that should be answered.

I was never concerned about voltage. It was those spikey voltage drops as in the screen shot that I was asking if looked normal to anyone.
You'd think I was turning on the flashlight or something, plus I don't know if those voltage drops would even be normal if turning the torch on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Obsidian...

Reaction score
A battery has a limited amount of cycles. The only way a battery can lose what you are calling capacity is if it has been drained too far or overcharged. That being said the life of a battery diminishes a little after each charge cycle. Lipo's have fixed a lot of this but batteries won't last forever.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you joking?

Of course it has something to do with capacity.
That should be the first thing that is ruled out.
A battery with diminished capacity, will result in a shorter daily life, and IMHO, believe that is the first question that should be answered.

I was never concerned about voltage. It was those spikey voltage drops as in the screen shot that I was asking if looked normal to anyone.
You'd think I was turning on the flashlight or something, plus I don't know if those voltage drops would even be normal if turning the torch on.

I personally believe those spikes are being caused by the cpu. It's just a matter of finding why. That's why I suggested Watch Dog. Android being #1 battery user is also another clue to me
The screen isn't showing as a top user so I don't think it's the brightness but a screen set to fully bright could show up like that as well. Yes using your flash as a torch would show spikes I would think, though not as dramatic.
I'll keep checking on this thread. It's got me intrigued as to what is going on.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally believe those spikes are being caused by the cpu. It's just a matter of finding why. That's why I suggested Watch Dog. Android being #1 battery user is also another clue to me
The screen isn't showing as a top user so I don't think it's the brightness but a screen set to fully bright could show up like that as well. Yes using your flash as a torch would show spikes I would think, though not as dramatic.
I'll keep checking on this thread. It's got me intrigued as to what is going on.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yeah, I believe so also. I haven't determined for sure yet if this battery is in good shape, but so far it's looking like it is ok.
Right now I'm at 39% after just under 7 hrs..
GSAM says that of the 61% used, that the screen is responsible for a little over a third of the use (35%), and today I have had the screen on more than usual.
GSam also reports that 55% of the 61% used is due to apps
0b5f59f488a9af6cc5186fffc689b183.jpg

And it also shows Android as the biggest offender.
Multiple FDR's and cache clears have made no improvment.
I even did one FDR last year and loaded no apps for a while. Just used stock everything for several days, but that didn't help either.

Also, I did use Watch Dog last year, but all I remember was that it gave me many alerts of high useage, but it didn't solve anything.
I don't know if there is a solution to this dilemma, but simply wanted to make sure that in my frustration of such poor battery life, I wasn't overlooking the possibility of it actually being a battery problem.

Last edited: