Battery use and Google Maps

z.g

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have htc droid incredible.

I have a question about Battery use and Google Maps. I made a search before but I could not find an answer.

When I use the widget 'Battery Use' I see the following information:

Maps 91%
Cell standby 4%
Phone idle: 3%
Android system: 2%

The thing is, I see this all the time even long after i closed the maps application (I use an app killer application). in this window when I click on 'Maps' it says 'Battery used by application when running' but this is confusing because I want to know the current battery and not the history of battery usage. So what is the meaning of this information? I see the same information when im in airplane mode. How can I know the current use of battery?

Can anyone clarify this issue?

Thanks

OP
Z

z.g

Reaction score
I dont want to know the battery level, I want to understand the battery usage at the moment i check it just like you would do in windows when you press ctrl+alt+del and then go to the performance tab and see what's taking resources from the cpu. if i closed all applications i would expect to see that the phone is almost 100% idle, however i see a different status as i described

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
don't think that's possible...

some apps run background data which is normal for Android.

OP
Z

z.g

Reaction score
my question wasn't about task killers, it seems people dont read the questions here, I explained twice my question and it wasnt about task killers, its about analyzing the device performance

nevermind...

heynumba2

Reaction score
z.g,

I have the same issue and I understand your frustration. I will kill all applications using TaskKiller and then will leave the phone idle for a few hours (I realize that you shouldn't do this often, which I don't, but I'm trying to make sure I close the Maps app, which I rarely use BTW). Then I'll check the battery usage and it will say something like this:

• Maps - 90%
  • Cell Standby - 4%
  • Bluetooth - 3%
  • Phone Idle - 3%
The Maps application does not seem to be running in the background at all, and this occurs whether I use the app or not. I checked the Location Setting and it is set to "911 Only" rather than "Location On," so it's not using the batter there. If I can get this under control my batter issues would be non-existence.