Battery usage

Gig103

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had my HTC Incredible for less than a month and I'm wondering if my battery may be defective.

I leave it charging all night, so it's 100% when I wake up. I unplug it, check messages and then get ready for the day -- in those 10-15 minutes, the battery drops 10%. After that, the usage slows down to what I would consider "normal" usage, so to me it means the battery cannot hold a full charge. If there's a way to decode the battery's age from the information, please let me know...

Model BTR63008
DC11010320S14
P/N: 35H00134-02M
S/N: 2M8Axxxxxxxxxx (leaving the numbers off in case)

Any ideas what Verizon considers to be a defective battery?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you rooted and overclocked? Running at higher mhz will effect battery life. Also take a look at your battery stats, I'd bet display is your biggest battery drain. If so try reducing the brightness, sounds funny but it will help with battery life. Also, when checking emails and such, are you on wifi or 3g? 3g data usage will drain a phone quick even with a good battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could just be how the battery is being reported. If the rest of the day, the drain is normal, I would just wager that your phone is choosing to represent 97 or 95% as 90%, rather than as 100%.

I wouldnt stress it.