Battery suddenly dying quick... cell standby using 19%

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I am the OP.

My situation has magically resolved itself and I am ecstatic with the battery life now.

Yesterday I mustered 16hrs of moderate use before I hit 10%. Today, even after going back to Sense, quite a bit of texting, checking/sending emails and taking two dozen pics, I am at 8 hrs with 33% left. I couldn't ask for more.

So what caused the original problems? I am at a loss for an answer. Perhaps the gentleman was right about the network glitching because I can't think of any other reason.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Wow I apparently have ****ty battery life then. At 100% my phone can die after about 3 hours of use

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Is your battery warm? Mine was.

Try a few things...

First, do a battery pull. I know, I know you shouldn't have to do this with these phones but it's part of what I went through getting this resolved.

Turn off 4G
Turn on WiFi if you have it where you use it most
Set Wifi to Never Sleep
Make sure any apps that pull data are set to manually sync or at most, every 15mins
Remove your Facebook and Picasa accounts if you have them (easily added back in)
Uninstall any anti-virus
Use a static wallpaper
Install Battery Monitor Widget (it will help keep track of use)

Fully charge your phone, unplug it and then plug it back in and let it charge.

This is just to see if you can get back to a normal use.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Well.... I have had my phone charging since 4:30 and it's currently 7:15 now. It has been at 99% since 6:30. Still says it is charging. Perhaps my battery short charged the few times I ran it down and it is correcting itself, who knows. We shall see tomorrow...

<edit> finally says 100% at 7:44. So an hour and 15 minutes to go from 99% to 100%. WTF???

Last edited:
OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Played a movie for an hour and then been texting for the last hour. My battery finally just died after 14hrs 23mins (was last checked at 2%)

Consider me officially impressed.