Battery status a big question mark.

xdrumminx

Reaction score
For some reason whenever I start to charge, or I stop charging, my battery status is grayed out, a question mark appears, and I have no idea how my battery life is.

I'm not sure how long this occurs, but it does go away after a while, but I'd rather not have it happen.

Anyone know the issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

kunak83

Reaction score
Never heard of that problem yet. I would bring it right back and show vzw. Try a battery pull too.

Zero Cool

Reaction score
I don't mean to Hijack this tread, but my question is related. How can you tell how much battery life is left exactly? it would be nice to know in percent or some gradient of the battery indicator? I have heard there is an app that is a better battery meter but i haven't found it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't mean to Hijack this tread, but my question is related. How can you tell how much battery life is left exactly? it would be nice to know in percent or some gradient of the battery indicator? I have heard there is an app that is a better battery meter but i haven't found it.

Download a battery widget, there are many in the apps > tools section in the app market.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Goto settings
About Phone
Status

While that does give the battery information, I believe the request was more along the lines of something that doesn't require hunting it down nearly as much. :)

I use Battery Widget myself, it is a 1x1 widget for a rough aproximation, and I think the one stigy links is a color gradient but a 2x1 Widget.

Stigy

Reaction score
Goto settings
About Phone
Status

While that does give the battery information, I believe the request was more along the lines of something that doesn't require hunting it down nearly as much. :)

I use Battery Widget myself, it is a 1x1 widget for a rough aproximation, and I think the one stigy links is a color gradient but a 2x1 Widget.
Correct mine is a 2x1 widget, but is a very nice looking one.

It gives me Battery Life, Battery Diagram, Temperature, Voltage and Status.

hotshoe

Reaction score
Battery Icon shaded question mark

:icon_ banana:This was easy. Clean the battery contacts on both the battery and the phone. That should eliminate the shaded question mark, if not then most likely the battery is bad.

addict4life

Reaction score
I have this issue

It happens when I use third party batteries.
It won't let me charge them from the phone. I have an external charger which I love and works great. Its a trade off I guess. Cheap batteries that work fine but no support for them on the phone without using some type of app.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
You may want to check out Battery Left or Mini Info. Both are free on the Market, both are good, but Battery Left is the more accurate of the two.

-Mike

addict4life

Reaction score
i tried battery life and battery left. both showed the battery status as unknown and inaccurate. the batteries work but wont let me assess how much juice is in them so im just gonna return them. they didn't cost too much so im not stressing it.
thanks for all your help.
anthony

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
i tried battery life and battery left. both showed the battery status as unknown and inaccurate. the batteries work but wont let me assess how much juice is in them so im just gonna return them. they didn't cost too much so im not stressing it.
thanks for all your help.
anthony

Battery Left requires a period of time to read your battery. When it's first installed, yes - it will display things like "unknown" and "inaccurate" but after it reads how your battery is discharging (I'm not sure of the exact time frame for this, but it's not long), it does start giving you coherent information.

-Mike

apalumbo73

Reaction score
I took it back they replaced the phone and batt.

I received the new phone but same problem they have no clue

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I took it back they replaced the phone and batt.

I received the new phone but same problem they have no clue

Re-read the earlier posts. The battery is functioning, it's just a hardware issue on the phone's fault which results in inaccurate readings of the charge level.

-Mike