Battery Savers and ROMS

ourkidsteve

Reaction score
Hey guys, first i apologize for the length of this. I am kind of at a crossroads right now and I just am not sure why. I am having problems settling on a ROM lately. There is something that causes me to switch each time. Most of the time it is battery related though there are quirky things too. I am trying to figure out on my end why I am not getting as good of battery life as some are suggesting they get on some ROMs and I have the Motorola Extended battery 1880.

Over the past few months I have tried the following.

Autokiller Memory Optimizer - and used EXTREME setting

Cache Cleaner NG - to clear cache every morning

Data Delivery Schedule for my Work Email (setup with exchange) - changed it from PUSH to FETCH every Hour

I had JRummy's ROM Toolbox Pro and would try setting the following:
* WIFI scan interval to 2 minutes (this is where I am confused too since I am in a WIFI environment most of the time why would I want to wait longer to connect to it.
* Edit the Sysctl.conf settings

I have tried applying the imoseyon tweaks to ROMs (apex rc3, shuji, liberty AOSP) . will they work on the blur ones like Darkslide X?

I have also tried the JakeBites Mods most recently and I am not sure if those can be applied to any other ROMS I want to try. It seems like these are a one stop shop on mods in it.

My phone is usually set up with 2 Gmail accounts, and my corporate email account (though its not a work phone). I do get about 50 emails a day from my work email which ultimately be the reason for the battery being used so much. But I am just wondering if there is anything different I can try. Does anyone know what is more efficient for battery, PUSH or FETCH?

I have tried just about everything now(aside from MIUI, though I want to once it moves to the GB kernel).

Case in point, I just put down SSM602 v2 yesterday and set it up the way I wanted (added email, apps) then took it off charger, used it a bit before bed and left it overnight at 90%. This morning went down and it was at 70% (about 8 hours) screen off. Looking at the battery use, my email was at 25% (more than my idle time)

Just frustrated and wondering if I should even remove my work email all together.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
Hey guys, first i apologize for the length of this. I am kind of at a crossroads right now and I just am not sure why. I am having problems settling on a ROM lately. There is something that causes me to switch each time. Most of the time it is battery related though there are quirky things too. I am trying to figure out on my end why I am not getting as good of battery life as some are suggesting they get on some ROMs and I have the Motorola Extended battery 1880.

Data Delivery Schedule for my Work Email (setup with exchange) - changed it from PUSH to FETCH every Hour

* WIFI scan interval to 2 minutes (this is where I am confused too since I am in a WIFI environment most of the time why would I want to wait longer to connect to it.

I have tried applying the imoseyon tweaks to ROMs (apex rc3, shuji, liberty AOSP) . will they work on the blur ones like Darkslide X?

I have also tried the JakeBites Mods most recently and I am not sure if those can be applied to any other ROMS I want to try. It seems like these are a one stop shop on mods in it.

My phone is usually set up with 2 Gmail accounts, and my corporate email account (though its not a work phone). I do get about 50 emails a day from my work email which ultimately be the reason for the battery being used so much. But I am just wondering if there is anything different I can try. Does anyone know what is more efficient for battery, PUSH or FETCH?

I have tried just about everything now(aside from MIUI, though I want to once it moves to the GB kernel).

Case in point, I just put down SSM602 v2 yesterday and set it up the way I wanted (added email, apps) then took it off charger, used it a bit before bed and left it overnight at 90%. This morning went down and it was at 70% (about 8 hours) screen off. Looking at the battery use, my email was at 25% (more than my idle time)

Just frustrated and wondering if I should even remove my work email all together.

I know that PUSH notifications are more battery conservative. This causes the application to"push" a notification to your phone while FETCH makes your phone intermittently search for new notifications.

Sent from my smoking Droid 2 running CM7

leftspin

Reaction score

MIUI 1.9.16 is on the GB kernel. I flashed it around 10:00 last night and charged it until it was at 100% and then unplugged it (around 10:40) and it was only down to 90% when I woke up at 9:00 this morning. I'm on the stock DX battery

I do use a lot of profiles on Android Overclock to try to preserve my battery

bobcarso

Reaction score

Fetch every hour better then push

What email app are you using?
Are you over/underclocked with performance profiles?

You should be, this throttles the CPU to 300MHZ when screen is off. (run the modcentral script in the rom to set it up, see inst. in rootwiki])
I too am on SSM 602 (V3), with two email accounts, and use virtually little CPU when screen is off, fetching mail every 15 minutes using K-9 mail app