Droid 2 will not get new emails on IMAP

mileena

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Droid 2 by Verizon. I am not able to get new emails at all. I have my own webhosting space and domain names, which I use for my emails. I also use IMAP.

No matter what email settings I use--and I've just about tried every setting--my Droid 2 will not "get" new emails on demand when I hit the "refresh" button for my inbox. But my email works fine with my old Palm Treo or on my desktop computer with Thunderbird. I have tried various email settings on two different Droid 2 phones, to rule out a defective phone. I have also made sure not to use the every-15-minute "fetch" option but the "push" option. It gets the emails the very first time you set up the account, and that's it. The only way it will get new emails later on is if I pull the battery, or change the email settings to whatever, or reset the phone. Then it gets the new emails one time, and then never again, just like before. I spent hours on the phone with tech support, and he was not able to solve the problem either.

I am at my wit's end and want to switch to a Blackberry Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much!

al19

Reaction score
A possibility that worked for me because I found the email app rather lame was to set up a gmail account that used pop to get email from my "real" email account and then used gmail on my Droid 2G for that account. I don't know if that will work for what you want but it is a possibility.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App