Battery pulls

boomerang

Reaction score
I do about 3 or 4 battery pulls a week. Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Alztybrn

Reaction score
I've done 2...got it before release date....no problems at all.

DroidToro

Reaction score
I do it at least once every day but not out of necessity. I have 3 extended batteries, one in the phone, one in an external charger and the third gets carried around as an emergency spare. I do this because I always forget to charge the phone.

It's possible that this gives me more stability because I rarely have to do a pull for error recovery. When I have needed to do it, it's usually because I am messing with a new app or hack.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Battery pulls on any Droid are not necessary. Basically you can do the same thing if you need to by rebooting your Droid Pro.

If you are finding it necessary to do a battery pull then you are having an issue. My suggestion is to first get rid of any task killers or antivirus you have on the Pro and do a restart. If the issue still continues then I would suggest a Factory Data Reset. That will clear everything up.

These are not Blackberry's. There shouldn't be any need at all for battery pulls. Occasionally I do believe it's good to reset the phone, and there are times when you are rooting that a battery pull would be necessary but that's about it.

flash24

Reaction score
Try the app called Fast Reboot...I use it whenever my device is running sluggish and it works great.

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
My phone freezes up and nothing works. The only way to get it back on is to battery pull. It is very random and my phone is completely stock. No task killers no antivirus.

Sent from my DROID PRO

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Only time it's needed is you need to remove the sdcard or the device is locked up.

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
So do I need to take my phone back?

LKKASH

Reaction score
I've had the Droid Pro about a month or so and have only had to do once, thanks to some app I tried. I'm not an expert but if you are close to a store, I would go back and quick. I've had other phones that started with one issue and mushroomed because that phone was full of glitches, but when replaced with a new one out of the box they worked fine, especially with new models. Just a fellow consumer's thought......

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone freezes up and nothing works. The only way to get it back on is to battery pull. It is very random and my phone is completely stock. No task killers no antivirus.

Sent from my DROID PRO

I'd do a factory hard reset. If that doesn't fix your issue, call customer service or take the phone to a good (if you have access to one) Verizon store. I say do the reset first, because that is likely the first thing Verizon will do and wouldn't it suck if that fixed it and you hadn't tried it? :)

Anyway, good luck with your phone.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID PRO

I'd do a factory hard reset. If that doesn't fix your issue, call customer service or take the phone to a good (if you have access to one) Verizon store. I say do the reset first, because that is likely the first thing Verizon will do and wouldn't it suck if that fixed it and you hadn't tried it? :)

Pardon the dumb question but how do you do a "factory hard reset"?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my DROID PRO

Not sure how it looks on the pro but it should be something similar to Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Not sure how it looks on the pro but it should be something similar to Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset.

Hey thanks...on the Pro it is settings>privacy>factory data reset

Reaction score
These are not Blackberry's. There shouldn't be any need at all for battery pulls. Occasionally I do believe it's good to reset the phone, and there are times when you are rooting that a battery pull would be necessary but that's about it.

One thing I will never miss about my blackberry is battery pulls. That and the 7 minute boot up time.

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
Yeah I def don't miss the 7 minute start up time. The other day I was using navigation and my droid froze. I did a battery pull and had it back on with nav before the next turn. Id had to pull over if that was my bb or pre. Im going to try the reset and ill let you all know how goes.

Sent from my DROID PRO