Battery life

blacksoxing

Reaction score
This 720p screen is what foils the battery

I'd rather have a thicker device w/a bigger battery than what I have now....because I'm confident 4.0 isn't going ot be optimized further to where we're getting 6 hours stock....

Shame you gotta turn the screen to its dimest and turn off this and that and whisper quietly just to get 4-5...

I'm ready to put mine on craigslist and get a Rezound

???

Reaction score
I just have a 2100ma in my phone and another in my cheap amazon wall charger. I throw the 2nd in my back pocket and forget about it. started this back in the D1 days of killing my extended hump back battery in less than a day so I used the stock as a back up. Now on the nexus I've never burned thru both batteries in one day. one sometimes but never both, even traveling. The 3k maxx I would be on the edge like the D1 days again I bet for my use. so not swappable is kinda scary for me. But in the end, if I wanted the phone for other reasons, i'd get it and do what it takes to keep my battery charged.

so for everyone wanting to trade phones over simple easy to carry extra battery. that sounds silly. I mean if you want something else to buy it. but really, if it's just battery life. step up and handle your life guys. This is a solvable problem and not one that requires anything hard.

2 of my friends carry around thunder bolts with the 2700ma hump backs and sometimes don't make a full day. making their phones heavier and thicker than carrying a nexus and a RAZR maxx together in the same pocket and don't care. they do what they gotta do to make their phone last all day. I mean I wouldn't expect my girlfriend to humb back her bolt and not complain but I would expect guys too.

HTFU is all I'm saying. We aren't apple people.

???

Reaction score
oh and I don't turn off crap, and set my screen at whatever level looks good to me.

I am also rooted running the stock source rom cleaned up and the kernel app that allows me to fast rate AC charge even on usb and cheap chargers that act like usb. again, we are android people. We fix what we don't like about our phone of choice with the help of the community and great developers.

bobbyp

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic For about a month. I use the oem extended battery And everything has been great until this week. My phone locked up and I did a factory reset now my battery seems to drain very fast. Of course this is all relative. With a fully charged battery in airplane mode yesterday I got about 3 hours worth of use of games mostly temple run. Does that seem right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HDG55

Reaction score
Did it

Thanks. Switched to 3G and so did my son. I've gone back to 4G a few times when necessary but, if I keep it on 3G the battery life is double.

msengul

Reaction score
Ok so i think my battery is like a future battery or something. Its on about 22 hours and still says its on 50 percent. Best investment ever!! Also its stock battery that came with the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me... I had a lot of issues with the extended battery. If my phone died completely, it would not charge. Keep in mind I'm running a custom rom. Not sure if that has anything to do with it

Sent from my iced Bionic

theredminnow

Reaction score
Does anyone have any real good battery saving tips. My town just recently got 4G and up until then the standard battery on my Bionic would hold up pretty well...now its not. I havent hardly used my phone all day and I am down to like 40-50%...i dont really have anything running...i have a task killer...and i am not to keen on getting an extended battery because it wont work with my otterbox...any help?

HDG55

Reaction score
One of the Senior Droids suggested that I go to the settings and change it back to 3G.....unless of course you need the 4G. I find that I almost always have wifi so I don't need the 4G very often and it is easy to switch if I do. Hope that helps.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any real good battery saving tips. My town just recently got 4G and up until then the standard battery on my Bionic would hold up pretty well...now its not. I havent hardly used my phone all day and I am down to like 40-50%...i dont really have anything running...i have a task killer...and i am not to keen on getting an extended battery because it wont work with my otterbox...any help?

Welcome to the forums!

The task killer isn't the best thing to have, unless you have a runaway app. For one thing, if the Android OS feels that app should be running, it'll start up again and use more power in doing so.

Some people have used a Dremel on the otterbox for the extended battery to fit. In addition, you might be able to leave the door off completely and it'll fit.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Instead of using a task killer, use the factory task manager. Its designed to work with the phone by the manufacturer and won't cause connectivity issues and will keep everything running as intended. Just tap on preinstalled task manager, add all of your apps to auto kill. This way when the screen times out, after 2 mins it will kill all of the auto end tasks.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!