Battery Life Tips

Morgoroth

Reaction score
Ok, today I woke up at 8, and so far I've checked FB once and made an update, made one phone call that lasted 12min and 20sec and now at 2pm my phone is down to less than half?

Is that normal?

Oh, and when I looked at running apps, it said Google Maps has used 35% of my batt, but I have not used google maps today...

D

dappwl

Just another thanks for the nice tips!

Most of them are known, but it's great to see them collected in one place!

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Nice tips, thx~~ But always checking to turn off the stuff is annoying.
I prefer to get an external battery.

droidshine

Reaction score
thank you very much for these tips, it is very useful for me to protect my phone battery. :icon_ banana:

A

Alanbrad

lot of ways shown to save the battery life, but little hard to remember all at a time.

Robot Vacuum

Last edited by a moderator:

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I use a widget called "Data on/off" when I'm at work and I can still get calls and texts, after a 10 hour day I have over 80% battery left!! Not to bad for a Og Razr thats most 20 months old...

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ok, today I woke up at 8, and so far I've checked FB once and made an update, made one phone call that lasted 12min and 20sec and now at 2pm my phone is down to less than half?

Is that normal?

Oh, and when I looked at running apps, it said Google Maps has used 35% of my batt, but I have not used google maps today...

Have yoi cleared the cache, cleared the data and uninstalled google maps update then reinstalled? The latest version jas a bad habit of eating batteries. If you haven't i would recommend doing so

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Abear

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY TabQ
Thank you for posting such helpful tips.

P

promo87

Well, the steps I have taken to save my battery consumption is by using installing an application over the PlayStore like DuBattery saver, What it does is it switches the data connection automatically on or off, it also clean down the application which are not in use. So same can be tried by others members over here ! :)

Abear

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY TabQ
I used to try this idea, but to be honest it seems that it doesn't work very well. Maybe the feeling of saving battery consumption is just a psychological effect.;)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The days of worrying about my battery are long behind me after getting the S5. This thing continues to amaze me in this department.
Great tips though, keep em coming!

tap'n on my S5

P

promo87

The days of worrying about my battery are long behind me after getting the S5. This thing continues to amaze me in this department.
Great tips though, keep em coming!

tap'n on my S5

Well, I would say as soon as Android L is going to hit over to the Android devices I don't think there would be more users crying for the battery saving tips instead of that they might be discussing what are the battery using tips. :p

technojohn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung core duos
prefect way to present some informative thing.

Hope to have some more information.