Battery life sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Unplugged from overnight charge today. 4 hrs and 46 minutes later with one phone call and few texts the battery prompted me that 20% remained. That's pretty bad....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tmc

Reaction score
Took mine off the charger almost 12 hours ago, still at 60%. Light usage while at work, couple phone calls, a few texts, and maybe 20 minutes gaming. Seems like there's something odd happening with your phone, but it's definitely not a problem with all of them.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Remember guys, it takes a few cycles for the phone to learn the battery and for the battery to attain it's maximum output, first time rolling out isn't going to be that spectacular.

Bionic

Reaction score
My experience has been a little inconsistent. I think this phone is very sensitive to cell signal. Last night, i went to dinner in an area with a weak 3G signal (around 1 bar on the Bionic - same as on my wife's DX2). My battery drained about 30% during dinner. What's really odd is that after i got back home, where the signal is typically 2 - 3 bars, the phone was pretty hot in my pocket - in standby. After about an hour at home, the battery was down to 20%! According to the battery meter, usage was almost 70% attributed to Cell Standby since my last charge.

Anyway, I rebooted and recharged and everything has been normal today. Battery life is still nowhere as good as my OG, but other than my experience last night, it more or less meets my expectations.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Unplugged the Bionic with the extended battery this morning at 0700. Got the 20% message a few minutes ago (8:20pm). I've received over 140 emails, 20 text messages, and spent quite a few minutes on the phone. My Droid Charge would have died hours ago. No problems with the battery. At least the extended battery, anyway. I'll try the regular battery tomorrow. Should be a lighter day of work since it's the weekend.

318Droid

Reaction score
Well like my OG Droid, i must got a good one out the batch.. my Bionic charged over night, took off charger this morning at 6:30 am.... browsed the internet all day, a few phone calls, maybe 50 txts, and just viewing settings. My battery at 5:30 pm when i took it to my charger was just at 40% left. I think thats damn good for all i've been doing on my phone today. Kinda worries me i think. Thats 11 hrs and really didnt have to put it on charger.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unplugged the Bionic with the extended battery this morning at 0700. Got the 20% message a few minutes ago (8:20pm). I've received over 140 emails, 20 text messages, and spent quite a few minutes on the phone. My Droid Charge would have died hours ago. No problems with the battery. At least the extended battery, anyway. I'll try the regular battery tomorrow. Should be a lighter day of work since it's the weekend.

Good lord.

phoenixus

Reaction score
Well like my OG Droid, i must got a good one out the batch.. my Bionic charged over night, took off charger this morning at 6:30 am.... browsed the internet all day, a few phone calls, maybe 50 txts, and just viewing settings. My battery at 5:30 pm when i took it to my charger was just at 40% left. I think thats damn good for all i've been doing on my phone today. Kinda worries me i think. Thats 11 hrs and really didnt have to put it on charger.

Is this with using 4g?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I spent most of the day deep inside buildings on a base and didnt turn data off. Phone was off the charger at 0530 and I got home at 1845 and was sitting at 20%. This was after only one full charging session so im sure it will get better, but I do agree if you have a weak signal it's going to wear on your battery life.

OP
D

Dougw133

Reaction score
Maybe I got bad cell. Im in 4g and 3g border during the day but I let it discharge the first day before it got its first full charge and that's when I git 4:46 out of it.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've found the battery life much better than what I experienced with the DroidX. And only expect it to improve after a few more cycles.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Know whats funny.. is that for every single phone that comes out, there is a thread about the battery life sucking. I have no battery issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.