Battery Life on Steel Droid?

darthbird1

Reaction score
Hows everyones battery life on Steel Droid?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hows everyones battery life on Steel Droid?

Mine seems to be really good. Was having crazy drain with Liberty, but have been very happy with SD's battery life.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
It's been very good. I've been on SD since 1.0 and the battery life is stellar.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (3.0) and TapaTalk

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Same here, have been loyal to Chevy from day one with SDv1, and my battery is awesome, much better then stock

greenflamingo

Reaction score
If my phone is 100% charged, the battery manager says that my phone will last about 3 hours if used, 4 if it just sits in my pocket and I don't use it. I also have the 3g network disabled when the screen turns off. What are other peoples numbers?

Reaction score
If my phone is 100% charged, the battery manager says that my phone will last about 3 hours if used, 4 if it just sits in my pocket and I don't use it. I also have the 3g network disabled when the screen turns off. What are other peoples numbers?

Don't forget to wipe the battery cache in safestrap then drain battery tell it turns off phone by itself then fully charge again and give it a week.

I was getting 30-36 hour with heavy use before I read about wiping cache after I did this my battery life has greatly improved.

rvcjew

Reaction score
i have the 1800 mah battery from Verizon and get about 19 hours heavy use lol. make sure you wipe your bat stats and i do not use a task killer i have taskmanger frozen. When using data im primarily in wifi range, unless at work. Wifi is allways on though and i do not use bluetooth.

kratosmpl

Reaction score
I have problem with my droid 3 battery life.
I use Steel rom 4.6 Gigerbread. My phone is 100% charged. it's standby overnight.
At the morning, Android OS is 82% of Battery Use.
I use Badass Bettery monitor to check, i see that Kernel is 70% of Battery.

I don't know what is running.
Help me, please.
Thanks.

Droid 3- Verizon - Steel Droid 4.6 Gingerbread

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I also have not been incredibly impressed with battery life on 4.6. Even with juice defender helping I still can easily burn through a full battery in a half day. I don't use my phone hardly a work, no phone calls, no real serious browsing, a few texts here and there or the occasional draw something/wordfeud round and I stay on wifi. Can't figure out what's sucking batt per. Maybe I nd 2 shrtn my txts 2 sv time

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
That's kind surprising to me. I tried 4.6 a month ago and had no issues with the battery. Every device is different so maybe try another launcher?
Look to see what's draining the battery. This might not be the ROM for you.

soopervoo

Reaction score
I also have not been incredibly impressed with battery life on 4.6. Even with juice defender helping I still can easily burn through a full battery in a half day. I don't use my phone hardly a work, no phone calls, no real serious browsing, a few texts here and there or the occasional draw something/wordfeud round and I stay on wifi. Can't figure out what's sucking batt per. Maybe I nd 2 shrtn my txts 2 sv time

i think keeping wifi on and connected drains your battery
when i leave my phone alone with just 3g, my standby time is like 2%/hr

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
soopervoo said:
i think keeping wifi on and connected drains your battery
when i leave my phone alone with just 3g, my standby time is like 2%/hr

I turn off my wifi when im not using it. Less drain then 3g by a long shot. Again its gotta be something else.

gustavosg

Reaction score
I've programmed my xt860 to disconnects after 3 minutes of no use, during the day almost no use of 3g or Wi-Fi. Only if really needed. At night, when I'm studying, I use it as a 3g modem using USB cable. During interval from home-work-study, I listen to some mp3 using Bluetooth audio, sound at Max.
right now, my battery is at 40%...
Honestly, Steel Droid doesn't drain my battery, but I use Go Launcher with Go Battery manager. And this really save my battery. My cellphone can operate without recharge almost a day an half.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk