SS3 problem with SD5.0

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
For some reason ever since I went to steel 5.0 I can't get into safestrap. The ss Allah screen comes up but when I hit menu for recovery the screen blacks out for a sec then proceeds to steel droid boot animation. I can't get into recovery at all. How can I fix this?

Sent from a thing using an app

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Got it figured out.....well, got it fixed. Apparently all you have to do is make a post referencing a problem and the problem gets scared and solves itself

doogald

Reaction score
For some reason ever since I went to steel 5.0 I can't get into safestrap. The ss Allah screen comes up but when I hit menu for recovery the screen blacks out for a sec then proceeds to steel droid boot animation. I can't get into recovery at all. How can I fix this?

If it happens again - and it will - power the phone off. Slide open the keyboard and hold the "M" key while you press power. You will see a text menu; the bottom option is "BP Tools" or something like that. Use the VolDn to highlight that option, and VolUp to select it. Safestrap will then start after the Dual Core logo shows up.

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Thanks bro. Is this just a steeldroid issue or a safestrap issue? More importantly, can we get Chevy and Hash into the octagon to fight about it?

doogald

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a Safestrap issue - it happens no matter what you have installed on the phone. I know that Hashcode updated SS for all other Moto devices (which allows you to flash to the stock system, which SS 3.05 will not allow), but we're still waiting for the Droid 3 update. Hopefully that will fix this other problem. FWIW, SS3.05 is still listed on his site as a beta version, but, besides this weird issue, it seems to run very well for me.