Battery life issue after official ICS

intmd8r

Reaction score
Of course, as soon as I start actually posting that my battery life has gotten progressively worse, not better, since the update, now this afternoon it's been great. It hit 40% after about 3 1/2 hours this morning, at which point I changed the animation scales to .5 (really did seem to speed it up), turned wifi back on, wiped the cache in recovery and then threw it back on the charger and used it very sparingly until it was fully charged again. 2 hours and 12 minutes in and it's still 90% and I've been texting quite a bit.

Don't know what changed, but it sure seems to be significantly better now! :biggrin:

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife's is seeing bad battery life after the update on Wed.
I cleared te cache after the update.
Haven't talked to her after she left for work to ask about the battery.

dannyxiii

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Well I too have noticed that battery life isn't as good as it was when I had GB. It still is however pretty good. I can get around 10-14 hours on an extended battery.
About my phone: I installed ICS ota and backed up all my data on my computer then did a factory reset along with clearing the cache. I also use the smart actions that are displayed in the pictures. One is when I'm at home with my wifi, and the other I use when i know I'm not going to be needing my phone for a long time. (In class for example)
I also close the apps as they start accumulating throughout the day. (Holding home button and swiping the apps to close them)

Hope this helps! :)

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Disabled some bloat, did a couple of Smart Actions, been running 8 hours with extended battery, now at 76%. Seems to be stabilizing some after a couple of days

Sent via Bionic ICS Mind-Meld Option

niteperson

Reaction score
My wife's Bionic is chewing through battery because she used to keep it on 3G no matter what, and not an option. It 4G or wifi.

jammasterkx2

Reaction score
Last edited:

ragenrebel

Reaction score
My phone also has been getting warm. Does anyone know what going on?

dannyxiii

Reaction score
dannyxiii said:
Hey guys!
Well I too have noticed that battery life isn't as good as it was when I had GB. It still is however pretty good. I can get around 10-14 hours on an extended battery.
About my phone: I installed ICS ota and backed up all my data on my computer then did a factory reset along with clearing the cache. I also use the smart actions that are displayed in the pictures. One is when I'm at home with my wifi, and the other I use when i know I'm not going to be needing my phone for a long time. (In class for example)
I also close the apps as they start accumulating throughout the day. (Holding home button and swiping the apps to close them)

Hope this helps! :)

Just an update showing you all the potential of turning off data to conserve battery ;)

sk102704

Reaction score
nri1998 said:
What's your opinion on getting extended battery? Any major difference compared to a standard battery?

Also, voice calls shows 80% usage.

I have the extended battery and I suggest it. It doesn't add too much bulk and I even prefer the feeling in my hand with the extended battery over the original. I still have to charge it every night but it typically last me a full day. I would recommend it.

Btw, I just gave you a big thanks on another thread for your tip on changing the transition animation scale. It has made a huge difference for my Bionic.

mackiv

Reaction score
i noticed also that alot of apps i frequently use were running slow so i cleared the cache for them, and also settings like screen brightness were reset after update. Aslo try out the new batt saver functions

intmd8r

Reaction score
I use this one to turn on my wifi when I get home. My "Home" location is set to my address.

View attachment 57648
I was going to set up something like this, but wondered if I turned my Wifi off manually, then set up this type of Smart Action, would it then turn Wifi back off when I wasn't home or would I still have to turn it off manually every time I left?

I find myself wanting to set up smart actions that have "negative" triggers, such as "NOT at home", "NOT on home network", etc. but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Either way, my battery was at 20% or so when I went to bed last night and it had been up for about 15 hours. Granted, I was home and on my Wifi all day, but I am still pleased with that kind of performance out of the stock battery. :biggrin: