Battery life is very low.

Pedrusco

Reaction score
I've just bought my Razr, but I am very disappointed with the duration of the battery. Today, for example, I charged it until 100% in the morning and went to work at 8am. I didnt turn on bluetooth, 3G or wireless, but at 6pm the battery was low. Can this be possible? Is it a defect of my cellphone? Cause I really cant think it is normal, I almost didnt use it but the battery didnt last 12 hours. There is anything I could do? I am really disaponted.

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
Everone will till you all the stuff you can do to better it(it helps alil). But the truth is the battery sucks big time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've just bought my Razr, but I am very disappointed with the duration of the battery. Today, for example, I charged it until 100% in the morning and went to work at 8am. I didnt turn on bluetooth, 3G or wireless, but at 6pm the battery was low. Can this be possible? Is it a defect of my cellphone? Cause I really cant think it is normal, I almost didnt use it but the battery didnt last 12 hours. There is anything I could do? I am really disaponted.

OK, if you just got the device, some of them, like my first maxx, don't do well on the first few charges. Some do. Are you saying that the phones data was completely turned off?? No Bluetooth, no Wi-Fi... in settings, mobile networks, do you have CDMA or lte highlighted? If your not in a 4g area, just highlight CDMA.

Next, try powering off your phone and charging it to 100%. Long story, just try it.

Never drain the battery completely.

From what I've seen, 12 hours is pretty good for a RAZR. Do you have your task manager setup??? I select everything in that app to auto kill. So when the screen goes off, after 2 minutes, it kills the apps.... if not they could continue running in the background.

Answer these questions and lets go from there
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Last edited:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I just got a east and my plan is to use it like a 3g phone until I need 4g. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
OK, if you just got the device, some of them, like my first maxx, don't do well on the first few charges. Some do. Are you saying that the phones data was completely turned off?? No Bluetooth, no Wi-Fi... in settings, mobile networks, do you have CDMA or lte highlighted? If your not in a 4g area, just highlight CDMA.

Next, try powering off your phone and charging it to 100%. Long story, just try it.

Never drain the battery completely.

From what I've seen, 12 hours is pretty good for a RAZR. Do you have your task manager setup??? I select everything in that app to auto kill. So when the screen goes off, after 2 minutes, it kills the apps.... if not they could continue running in the background.

Answer these questions and lets go from there
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Yes, everything was completly turned off and we dont have 4G here in brazil =/
These setup in task manager you did to kill the apps is in the default task manager that comes installed? I can make it kill the apps in this default task manager?

Thank you for the help, and im sorry for any english mistake.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
here's a s2pid question. did you turn background sync off?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
These setup in task manager you did to kill the apps is in the default task manager that comes installed? I can make it kill the apps in this default task manager?

Ah, so it's a GSM RAZR. Pretty much everyone around here will have a LTE/CDMA RAZR on Verizon in the U.S. (hence the reason why it's called Droid Forums...Verizon is the only carrier licensed to use the Droid name for phones), so most of the tips you read here will be formatted/discussed in a fashion that won't always correspond with your phone (but the basics will still be the same). The GSM RAZR should get better battery life than the RAZR users around here have since you don't have the drain of LTE.

94lt1 is correct that it often takes a few days and a few charging cycles for the battery to really get up and running. Something else that will greatly affect it is your signal strength. If you're in an area where there is weak signal can really drain the battery fast, even if you're not using the phone (and depending on where you work, if you're a good way inside a building, it can really drain the battery if it has poor reception). It could also be an app that you installed. There are any number of reasons.

A great place to start is looking at what is using the battery. What does the battery statistics on your phone say?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Yes you can. Go into the default task manager(I only use the default manager) select every single app on there, and then tap "add to auto end list" and you'll be good.

Trust me on this too, turn off the phone and allow it to charge to 100%. You will be amazed at the difference

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

eddie7

Reaction score
10 hours seems to be right on target. How long did you expect it to last? People never cease to amaze me when it comes to battery life expectancy. Unless you have a Maxx you will need to carry a charging device. :icon_eek:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
10 hours seems to be right on target. How long did you expect it to last? People never cease to amaze me when it comes to battery life expectancy. Unless you have a Maxx you will need to carry a charging device. :icon_eek:

Well, if the OP has the GSM RAZR and practically didn't use it all day, it shouldn't be almost dead after 10-12 hours if everything is running properly and there's good signal.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well, if the OP has the GSM RAZR and practically didn't use it all day, it shouldn't be almost dead after 10-12 hours if everything is running properly and there's good signal.

Yeah, I didn't take signal strength into consideration..... he needs to look in settings at the battery info and find out what is using the battery up. I find it hard to believe that 12 hours of no use will kill any phone, my bionic could "sit" for over a day on 4g. My maxx, well that's another story, 2 days or better with "no" usage.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
Yes you can. Go into the default task manager(I only use the default manager) select every single app on there, and then tap "add to auto end list" and you'll be good.

Trust me on this too, turn off the phone and allow it to charge to 100%. You will be amazed at the difference

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

I turned off the phone and charged it untill 100% and I also add most of the apps in the auto end list in the task manager. I checked in the battery information that what consume more battery is the screen, so I created a profile in the Smart Actions to reduce de bright of the screen in the night period.

Thank you for all your help guys, I will use the phone some days to see if the battery last more now. Sorry for any english mistake.
Thank you again.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I turned off the phone and charged it untill 100% and I also add most of the apps in the auto end list in the task manager. I checked in the battery information that what consume more battery is the screen, so I created a profile in the Smart Actions to reduce de bright of the screen in the night period.

Thank you for all your help guys, I will use the phone some days to see if the battery last more now. Sorry for any english mistake.
Thank you again.
If you just got your phone you, like the rest of us (lol) probably have been playing with it...thus the high display percentage. That's OK...we were all in the same boat when we first got or Razr...just couldn't put it down and the display was on almost constantly. With everything all have said, it sounds as if your Razr is behaving normally. Give the phone (battery) a few days to get "broken in" and give yourself a few days of not constantly "tinkering" with the phone. Enjoy.

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
I charged the battery till 100% this morning. I stopped the charging 10 am, I just receive one call and i forgot the bluetooh on. Now it is 9pm and the charge is 40%, is it normal? In the battery information i found that the cell phone in idle consumes 32%, is it normal too?
Thank you for your help.