Battery life decreased in certain area

spillner

Reaction score
So my work has me travel occasionally and this weekend I was up in Lewiston, NY by Lake Ontario. I worked 12 hours each day outside. I had my phone hooked up to my car charger on the way up both times so when I got there it was fully charged. With some light to moderate use (Listening to Pandora, web surfing and making calls) the battery went from 100% to 20% in less than 3 hours. I threw my phone back on the charger for 2 hours and it only increased to 40%. I made a phone call that lasted for 15 minutes and the battery went from 40% to 15%. I did a battery pull and when I turned the phone back on it reported 60%. Decided to play some music off my SD card and the phone only lasted about 10 songs before I got the 15% warning.

After that, I decided to charge the phone fully before using it again. By the time it was fully charged it was time for me to leave. The phone lasted the entire night back at my house with heavy use, I was really trying to push it and by the time I went to bed 6 hours later the phone was at 60%.

Went back to work the next day and the same thing happened, the phone would not last more that a few hours and I had to recharge it several times. Get back to my place and the phone was fine. I had full bars where I was and not roaming. I'm kinda dumb founded at what was happening.

Any thought?

lunargecko

Reaction score
Go to settings, about phone, then battery usage. Find out what could be sucking up all of your juice, and report back. :)

techguru

Reaction score
If you are in a poor signal area it will use more power trying to maintain a connection. If you are only getting a 1x connection any data use will suck battery power like crazy.

jessgirl24

Reaction score
I second what techguru said. If you are in a area with minimal service, your phone will work harder to maintain that connection. My suggestion is to turn the phone off when you are in these areas when not using it so save some of your battery juice. That's what I do, at least! Or by a car charger, so you can charge it while driving. Good luck! :)

OP
S

spillner

Reaction score
Phone had full bars and 3g, I used a car charger to charge it where I was. Phone is working fine now, its just that area that was wierd