Battery Life Article

sparkyaclown

Reaction score
So far I have found battery life to be pretty good even better than what this article is stating. I've gone 3 days on the initial charge. Granted I was not trying to do everything under the sun with it constantly, but I would say in general a pretty decent battery life.

Last edited:

lauriep

Reaction score
So far I have found battery life to be pretty good even better than what this article is stating. I've gone 3 days on the initial charge. Granted I was trying to do everything under the sun with it constantly, but I would say in general a pretty decent battery life.

Not a problem for me. I have always charged my phones every night, and keep the car charger in the car or in my purse so it is always handy. Rarely caught up short. The Droid should fit nicely in this routine.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Today will be my first full day on the battery. I have bluetooth going and push email from both Gmail and Exchange. Let's see how it goes. I'll report back later tonight.

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
I got about 13 hours yesterday with wifi on when the battery went to yellow....
Thats plenty enough for me but I have not actually talked on it very long

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It took mine about 6 hours to get to 60%, that's with about 2 hours of talk time, and alot of fidgeting. Was likely only in sleep mode about 30 minutes of that time. That's not bad for a battery that is running a mini computer.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
So far the highest battery drainer I have noticed is the display. Ive enabled auto brightness and have screen turn off after 1 minute.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i set my screen to 30 second timer, and i have my brightness set for 1/4 (which is far bright enough for me)

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I would like to know of a way to have the back, home, menu search buttons illuminated when screen is on. is there a setting for that? It seems these shut off when you dont want them too.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
i set my screen to 30 second timer, and i have my brightness set for 1/4 (which is far bright enough for me)

I did this as well. Also have WiFi and GPS turned off unless I am specifically using them. Have bluetooth always turned on. The one thing the Droid has over the iPhone - replaceable battery! Just buy a backup battery if you are worried about battery life and plop it in when necessary.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah i have noticed that long before the screen goes out, the back lighting on the keyboard / home buttons go away. I have seen no menu option for this.