Battery life after GB update

Hockey

Reaction score
I have a stock X2 and received the update last night for GB. I noticed last night my battery quickly drained but didn't pay much attention to that.

Today I've been at work since 330pm and I just noticed my battery is down to 30% I have sent about 10 text messages and that is it. I killed the tasks earlier and just checked and nothing except a few things that are normal are running.

Just wondering if anyone else have had this same issue?

seawolfx13

Reaction score
I've seen people saying they're getting better life, but I seem to be getting about the same.

nateohio

Reaction score
I'm getting about 20-30% better battery life after the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

apacseven

Reaction score
My battery life has also improved since the update. I have however seen plenty of people stating a drastic decrease in battery life post update.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I haven't really noticed a different one way or the other with my battery life.

Which is good, because I ditched my Droid 3 for an X2 for the simple fact that i find the X2 blows the D3's battery life out of the water :) I was a little worried the X2's update to GB would ruin that, but it didnt for me.

Reaction score
Battery life is a whole lot better and when in heavy use it doesn't over heat at all. The cover does get got but because my hand is on it most if the time.

Reaction score
Battery life is a whole lot better and when in heavy use it doesn't over heat at all. The cover does get got but because my hand is on it most if the time.

Meant to say the cover dies get hot but because my hand is on the case I have on my X2.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The first few days I didn't notice any difference but today I got 30% improvement.
Wow GB is great!

Reaction score
Just the opposite here. Battery life in the toilet. I use to be able to run from about 6am to 10 pm. Now I have to put it on the charger at about 4 in the afternoon. Have removed the battery stats file to no real change.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Just the opposite here. Battery life in the toilet. I use to be able to run from about 6am to 10 pm. Now I have to put it on the charger at about 4 in the afternoon. Have removed the battery stats file to no real change.

Just curious, how long have you had the update? The few updates I've been through seem to use a lot of power the first day or two. It then settles down.

jayrage22

Reaction score
My battery life also sucks after the update I was getting two days out of my battery and now I'm lucky to get 12 hrs. The update has made my phone run horrible it freezes at least once a day and have to do a battery pull to get it working again. Moving from screen to screen is even more chopy now and web is so so slow. I'm kinda bummed out about the whole thing but at least most x2 users are happy about update and in time the bugs will work them selfs out.

theguru1974

Reaction score
My battery life sucks now. I like the bug fixes and GB enhancements but battery life is the #1 priority to me and the battery is draining with NO usage whatsoever. I can't even figure out what the hell is draining it because Spare Parts doesn't work properly anymore under GB. No way to determine what is keeping the phone awake when the screen is off!

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I'm seeing a slight increase in battery life.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
My battery life also sucks after the update I was getting two days out of my battery and now I'm lucky to get 12 hrs. The update has made my phone run horrible it freezes at least once a day and have to do a battery pull to get it working again. Moving from screen to screen is even more chopy now and web is so so slow. I'm kinda bummed out about the whole thing but at least most x2 users are happy about update and in time the bugs will work them selfs out.

My battery life sucks now. I like the bug fixes and GB enhancements but battery life is the #1 priority to me and the battery is draining with NO usage whatsoever. I can't even figure out what the hell is draining it because Spare Parts doesn't work properly anymore under GB. No way to determine what is keeping the phone awake when the screen is off!

Did you guys try a factory reset after you received the GB update? I personally didn't and my battery is pretty much the same as it was before the update, but it might help you guys out.

hartzog86

Reaction score
hot below the battery door

After update, mine gets really hot below the battery door, battery use shows "phone" is using 90+%of battery. it doesn't happen all the time though and so far I haven't figured what triggers it. prior to the update I would get 12-16hrs aday with no problem. The first day after the update I was getting a "process.com.motorola.service.main has stopped" error every 30 minutes or so but before I could take the time to figure out what was going on it stopped popping up.