battery issues

wvdroidman

Reaction score
My battery doesn't even last a day with moderate usage. Of course I just bought this phone a week ago. Will verizon send me a extended battery?
If they won't what is my best option. I'm hugely disappointed in the battery life. I'd hate to buy a battery that costs as much as the phone did.

Last edited:

Capone76

Reaction score
You could try and see if customer service would hook you up with an extended battery but they will probably charge you for it. If your like me I hardly leave my phone alone. Rooting that bad boy and running a custom ROM and kernel will help. I get about 4+ hrs screen time and 24 hrs total on my ROM and kernel.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I would rather keep it stock for now. Maybe later on down the road i will take and run roms on it. I was hoping since this thing was brand new they would send me a new battery free.

Reaction score
Since the Jelly Bean update, the battery life sucks.

I have the extended battery and I can't get a full day out of it with moderate use. When I'm at work, I plug it in. When in my truck, I plug it in. I just try to charge it as much as possible.

I've debated getting a brand new extended battery to try out to see if it's the battery, $18 on eBay.

Steve

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I only paid $50 for the phone through verizon. I really don't want to spend more on a battery then I did the phone. PLUS I really need a battery because I use it at work and I don't want it to die at work.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
just talked to verizon. Tier 2 support said he has nexus also and my battery lasts longer than his battery. Told me I could get a new battery for $38 to which i said no thanks.
He also said a patch is going to be released in december to fix the battery issue. My question is why has it took so long to fix the battery issue?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
just talked to verizon. Tier 2 support said he has nexus also and my battery lasts longer than his battery. Told me I could get a new battery for $38 to which i said no thanks.
He also said a patch is going to be released in december to fix the battery issue. My question is why has it took so long to fix the battery issue?

I highly doubt the CSR knows anything official. Verizon is usually pretty tight lipped with the information they give out. And they rarely give information to their lower leveled employees. Perhaps there is an update in the works, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. [speculation] If the new Nexus releases in in the next couple months, with KeyLimePie, theoretically the Galaxy Nexus would see the update around that time as well. Verizon and Sprint's Galaxy Nexus more than likely will not see the update until sometime in 2013, if they even decide to update it at all. [/speculation]

My advice would be to use something like GSAM Battery Monitor, and figure out what exactly is draining your battery and perhaps then figuring out what to do about that. In another thread, I believe you mentioned having reception/data issues (I apologize if I have mistaken you for someone else), this could be a big part of your problem. Perhaps it is a software issue (Maps seems to give some folks trouble sometimes). There are tons of different things that could possibly have an impact on your battery life, GSAM is pretty helpful in finding that problem.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
the whole reason I bough the nexus was because I figured it would get updates for at least another year being a google device. If I had known it won't get updates after jelly bean I might have waited until christmas time to get one that will receive key lime pie at least.

Verizon is sending me a extended battery free. Should be here tuesday.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
the whole reason I bough the nexus was because I figured it would get updates for at least another year being a google device. If I had known it won't get updates after jelly bean I might have waited until christmas time to get one that will receive key lime pie at least.

Verizon is sending me a extended battery free. Should be here tuesday.

It will get updates after JB...it has 2 years of support from Google.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PhishyKris

Reaction score
3800 mAh Seidio and haven't looked back since. It's just a reality hat you need far more power than stock batteries offer. I can't wait for the stock 3100 in the Note 2.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Battery life sucks

I have both batteries and I have a hard time getting through the day. Signal strength is much better now. I wish there would OTA a patch to optimize battery life.