Battery improved

jst4fun

Reaction score
Today will be my first day of 3g only.. so i will give you a first hand unbiased view when i go through today's battery later on .. unless others have info now..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

You should not see much difference in battery life. I live in 3G only area and work most days in 4G area. I still under moderate use get about 8 to 10 hours a day before it goes below 40%.
I can live with that. I just have chargers all over the place. Which is good most everyone now is using micro usb chargers so we can use the from other phones.

gan1hck

Reaction score
so would you say that the razr's battery life is about the same as the Droid 2's?

You should not see much difference in battery life. I live in 3G only area and work most days in 4G area. I still under moderate use get about 8 to 10 hours a day before it goes below 40%.
I can live with that. I just have chargers all over the place. Which is good most everyone now is using micro usb chargers so we can use the from other phones.

Deron

Reaction score
any previous owners of the droid 2 here?

how does the razr battery life compare with droid 2 with 4G turned off?

I would hate to upgrade to the razr, then wish I had kept my droid 2.

thanks in advance.

Well, I don't own a Droid 2, but I did compare the battery life of a Droid Razr to my old Droid X. Based on my battery experiments:

" Droid Razr and Droid X have very similar battery lives, with Droid Razr having a slight advantage overall. This rule only holds true for WiFi and 3G, since Droid X lacks a 4G radio. (Using 4g on Droid Razr will drain the battery faster than 3g on Droid X, albeit you’ll get faster data speeds. The one exception is with Netflix. Watching Netflix via 4g on Razr is actually more battery efficient than watching Netflix via 3g on Droid X.)"

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1855842

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Arodnum1

Reaction score

We use our phones for 20 times more of what we used phones far back in the day but on the other hand you would think with all of the technology that is out there in today's world that we could make a better cell phone battery to go along with the technology we are putting into the phones.

it doesn't work like that, better Battery life = bigger battery, technology for batteries has had great leaps over that past few years, as a little proof, on rechargeable 18650 cells my old quark 123 turbo (flashlight) ran 235 lumens for one hour, my new quark turbo X runs rechargeable 18650 batteries for 1.5 hours at 450 lumens, increase in performance is due to improved circuitry and new cree LEDs, so batteries are vastly superior, along with the devices we use them in

lpulle

Reaction score
About the same as a D2. When not in use - i put in sleep mode. Also if I'm know it's going to sit for a while, i plug it in. A 15-20 minutes charge is like 2 hours + use. My only ***** so far is losing data but they will get that fixed. AND i always had the D2 rooted but until we get sbf bja bla bla. I got this a week ago tomorrow and the sales clerk at Verizon said i had two weeks to exchange it for a GN which i may have to do. I love root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidFworums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Coming from a DX2 and then a DX / before,both with the 1930mahr motorola ext life battery...I can say battery life isnt even close in my case....I must have a problem with my battery or something im doing is wrong because mine drains so fast it makes your head spin.I am not new to android,I had an OG droid since early 2010..so im familiar with the battery saving tips..I keep bluetooth off,gps off,screen off auto and as dim as the slider bar will go..screen off in 30 seconds,data widget,turning off data when im not using it,(but am using music player),smart actions set to shut data with screen off,3g only when on mobile data,and i keep wifi off when im not in my house,so it doesnt wfi search...im lucky to get 8 hrs out of moderate use...with the screen taking about 37% of the battery...I could go all day on my dx and dx2,with moderate use,and listen to the music over 3g or my music on my sd car,and not shut 3g off ever...I will say since the update,it is slightly better,but still not even close to what im confortable with,when i go out to someones house i need to make sure i have both car and home chargers,its a real pain,and i find myself not using my device as much as id like too,to save the battery,when makes me wonder why i bothered upgrading to somehing i cant use when i want too...i never carried chargers before,ever,always had a fully charged spare battery in my wallet,in the middle of my cash,and rarley needed it...btw my Razr was bought on 11/11/11 so the battery isnt going to get any better at this point.

gan1hck

Reaction score
Today will be my first day of 3g only.. so i will give you a first hand unbiased view when i go through today's battery later on .. unless others have info now..

so what's the verdict?

kyfa25

Reaction score
Night and day difference! I still have a charge and i used the heck out of my phone today .... turns out dropping the 4g makes a pretty substantial difference in battery life.. im at about 30% at the moment.. but this time yesterday i would have had to recharge.. i was on wifi all day too..

gan1hck

Reaction score
Night and day difference! I still have a charge and i used the heck out of my phone today .... turns out dropping the 4g makes a pretty substantial difference in battery life.. im at about 30% at the moment.. but this time yesterday i would have had to recharge.. i was on wifi all day too..

Great!...Thanks for the feedback!

kyfa25

Reaction score
I was making calls, getting and sending emails & txt.. used pandora for abiut 45 min... so yeh. Im pleased with the results..

Granted the day isnt over, but its much better without having 4g on

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
main difference between yesterday and today is wifi vs 4g. More streaming movies from home server yesterday than today but not much more. Loaded them on to SD card to eliminate stream delay as I was checking video settings.

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
main difference between yesterday and today is wifi vs 4g. More streaming movies from home server yesterday than today but not much more. Loaded them on to SD card to eliminate stream delay as I was checking video settings.

Redo of today's screenshot