Battery Help Please!

Reaction score
I finally have my new rezound and love the phone! However, the battery is not what I expected. Coming from the razr, the rezound is a much better phone for me, but the battery has half the life of the razr.

Can anyone please give me some tips and advice? I have the screen on auto brightness, the setting on normal, trying not to let apps receive background back ups, manually pushing my emails, and do not have any Facebook or social media widgets running on any home screens.

Thank you in advance.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Someone is going to say it, so it might as well be me. Give some thought to the extended battery. It adds bulk, but your problems will go away.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
dressagerider1 said:
I finally have my new rezound and love the phone! However, the battery is not what I expected. Coming from the razr, the rezound is a much better phone for me, but the battery has half the life of the razr.

Can anyone please give me some tips and advice? I have the screen on auto brightness, the setting on normal, trying not to let apps receive background back ups, manually pushing my emails, and do not have any Facebook or social media widgets running on any home screens.

Thank you in advance.
go to your brightness setting widget and tap it till you are at the lowest setting, then go to your settings and under Applications go to running services and stop the ones you think are not needed. And third and not least, do not forget that the high resolution screen of the Rezound will eat up more battery than the qHD screen of the Razr, the Rezound screen is pushing one quarter more pixels than a qHD screen, enjoy your Rezound. Don't forget that the screen kills at least 50-60% of the battery. I also have the extended battery, but only use it when I know I will not be around a charger for a prolonged period.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice so far! I might need to look into the extended battery. I can't say how much I love the phone!!

Snoking

Reaction score
I got the extended battery and cut out the back of a gel case, so the battery/rear cover does not stick that much farther past where the old case back was. Case protects the corners quite well. Phone is an animal with the "on sale for half off" extended battery. I see see no reason to install the standard battery, again!

I did buy an another gel case for a few dollars and a free standing Thunderbolt battery charger.

Snoking

Reaction score
Camera takes nice pictures BTW. This yacht belongs to the founder of Bayliner. He sold Bayliner and owns Westport Yachts that built his 164 footer!

Last edited:

wjoel

Reaction score
You might want to look into the battery from Mugen (1900mAh).I have it and it gives me a very modest increase in longevity from the stock, and without the need for an extended door.

gixxer340

Reaction score
For me managing my mobile data is the key. I just put the HTC data widget on the home screen and leave it off unless I need it. Makes the stock battery usable enough that I don't put the extended in unless I am going to be away from a charger for more than a day.

-Jeff

OP
D
Reaction score
I think the mugen battery sounds great. I do not want the added bulk of the extended and really need just a few extra hours.

I am finding that if I leave the phone in 3g I get much better battery power. 4g must be having problems in my area because it keeps searching for a signal and draining my battery. My razr was doing the same thing.

Overall the rezound offers so much more for me than the razr. The features are amazing and I like sense!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you in advance.

I use mobile network and Wifi widgets to turn those radios off when not needed and that helps a lot but my biggest battery saver is an app called Auto Bright. Inside buildings I keep the brightness very low but when I go outside or brightly lit areas I just tap the yellow lightbulb icon and auto bright comes on. When I don't need high brightness I just tap it again and it reverts to my low setting. It has added between 30-50% to my battery life, depending on how much outdoor time, vs just auto bright and avoids the nuisance of finding the settings when outside to crank up the brightness. Even in direct sunlight the yellow lightbulb is easy to find if I forget to toggle it before going out.
I could easily get by with the standard battery but prefer the added girth of the extended battery

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
I use mobile network and Wifi widgets to turn those radios off when not needed and that helps a lot but my biggest battery saver is an app called Auto Bright. Inside buildings I keep the brightness very low but when I go outside or brightly lit areas I just tap the yellow lightbulb icon and auto bright comes on. When I don't need high brightness I just tap it again and it reverts to my low setting. It has added between 30-50% to my battery life, depending on how much outdoor time, vs just auto bright and avoids the nuisance of finding the settings when outside to crank up the brightness. Even in direct sunlight the yellow lightbulb is easy to find if I forget to toggle it before going out.
I could easily get by with the standard battery but prefer the added girth of the extended battery

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Thanks for the tip on the auto bright. I am going to have to give it a try. I my screen brightness turned up to 75% cause I can't really see it outside. I'll download the app and report back. Thanks.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bottom center is what the icon looks like

Support Our Troops!!!
<><