Battery draining 1%/min normal?!

Foreverloved

Reaction score
I'm not an experienced droid owner but my phone has been having issues lately with random inconsistent reboots/freezes. I decided to reset to factory since I don't have it rooted or anything special. Now with no new apps installed except factory + Battery Monitor Free I'm seeing my battery drop about 1% per minute with the screen on casually looking at home screens/app drawer/browser. Brightness is at only %20 and I timed from 70%-60%, is that normal?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had lots of trouble with Battery Monitor Free. For one, it started to drain my extended battery VERY fast. I would charge it overnight and then the battery would be nearly dead by 7PM the next day of use.

Next was the kicker. Since I installed it, I randomly could not receive or make phone calls. I tried to work with BMF for a few days, but I finally had to uninstall it and things have gone back to normal for me since.

So... give it a shot. Get rid of BMF and see if you still have issues.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Definality not normal. I have 12hours & 49mins off of my charger atm & still have 63% battery left. I use the moto extended battery.