Battery Door Problem? Read this!

daelight

Reaction score
As I have posted, I lost the battery door on my Droid like many others.

Matt a moderator on the Motorola Owners' Forum acknowledged the following:

"A very small percentage of the doors are a the low end of our specifications. If you are having a problem with your door falling off, contact our call center. Use the link on our forum home page that says "Contact Us" and you can either call or chat or e-mail. We'll send you a new one.
Sorry for the problem."

Mine is on its way via FedEx -- Motorola is paying for the door and delivery.

Here is the link: https://www.motorola.com/feedback.jsp

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Great! I haven't had the problem but it's nice to see that Motorola is stepping up and that there's a solution.

Thanks for posting the link!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Its nice to see a. Company like Motorola is stepping up to the plate and helping people who purchased their devices. So many of them just leave you hanging.

Way to go Motorola!!!!

jbr13

Reaction score
Can a mod add this info to a sticky or make it one. Thanks to OP

bbtkd

Reaction score
I haven't had my battery door fall off but given that I use the VZW holster which exposes the battery door, I can see where it would be easy to catch it on something like my winter coat or seatbelt, and lose it. I've thought about putting some electrical tape along the top seam of the battery door as a preventive measure, but that would look crappy - may as well use duct tape. Perhaps a piece of electrical tape on the inside of the door would add a sliver more thickness and friction between it and the battery. I suppose that when a high capacity battery comes out it might be slightly thicker and grip the battery door more.

jbr13

Reaction score
I put a small stick on the back over the seem. Just a little Motocross sticker.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Its nice to see a. Company like Motorola is stepping up to the plate and helping people who purchased their devices. So many of them just leave you hanging.

Way to go Motorola!!!!
I agree that is awesome.....

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a cell phone company do this.

My battery door is fine but this is great info thanks for sharing daelight

tc1

Reaction score
Just called...good thing they recognize that this a problem are are fixing it....but talking to them(at least the woman I got) was like pulling teeth.

OP
D

daelight

Reaction score
I'm glad that people are finding this information useful. I hope I saved you some time and frustration.