Battery Died in 5 hours - droid1

BoostHungry

Reaction score
I had my phone on the charger all night last night and when my alarm went off this morning around 9am I took it off the charger and then just left it there. It was complelty dead when it went on the charger and no apps were running.

When I went to leave for work around 2:30ish my phone was down to 5% battery life. I checked the battery info and it said that only the basic stuff was running, no unusal apps. Android OS was at the top of the list with 39% battery usage and it also confirmed that the phone had only been off the charger for 5 hours. The battery was definently full when I woke up this morning.

What is up with my phone? This is not the first time I've had an issue. I couldn't find a link to my old post but people told me I probably had a game or something left open which was possible because I was playing a game before and was also at work where service is horrible. But this time it was at home, where service is great, and no app was running for sure.

I've also had another issue where the phone would not charge or even turn on. For 24 hours the phone wouldn't charge and then for the next 24 hours it would say it was charging and then die the second you took it off the charger. Took it to verizon wireless and of course it worked for them...wouldn't work on the way there but when he plugged it into a charger for 5 minutes then unplugged it it showed 60% battery life and stayed on. Then he swapped batteries with his phone and my battery showed 100% and then stayed at 100% for the swap back. But bottom line he said he didn't see any issues so I was just happy my phone was working again.

Ideas? If this happens 1 more time I'm going to Verizon Wireless and telling them there's an issue whether you see one or not.

Thanks,
- BoostHungry

PS. Sorry for the life story

On a side note my "app launcher" has been force closing a lot and i'm having the droid1 2.2 home screen lag issues. All stock, no home screen app and all updates OTA

Darkseider

Reaction score
Backup whatever you can and do a complete factory wipe and reset. Then see how things go with minimal apps installed. If the problem persists with a minimum of applications first try a new charger. Then try a new battery. If neither of those help my suggestion would be to get the phone replaced.

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
I've tried both my charger and my GFs incridible charger which is the same thing with no difference. I get erractic battery draining for no reason sometimes. From 65-100% down to 5% every time within an hour or so. i have no clue what's causing it. I bairly have any apps installed and none that run constently.

I'm not paying for a new battery just to test if that's the issue. Besides, isn't the battery covered under the 1 year manufactures warranty? Otherwise I have the insuranse.