Battery - Day 1 - MAXX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Are you using Smart Actions or Juice Defender?
I can easily pull a 15 hour day pushing the battery hard. I couldn't ask for better really. Today is a modest use day (including sleeping for 5 hours) but I am at 20 hours off charge with 51% battery remaining. I have done everything I usually do, just not tons of it. (This is with wifi and 4G but 25% display which is perfect for me unless watching Netflix)

SAH_WEET

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got 12 hours of almost straight internet usage on 4g. I was impressed.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I turned Juice Defender back on so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will help my battery here at work.

benz0

Reaction score
I barely get 8-10 hours with my MAXX! oh, forgot to mentioned, that's with 4g on all the time, 50% display, 2-3 hrs on constant usage (Fb, gaming, surfing, etc..) all throughout the day, gps (i work in the field service), texting, Fb, emails, etc.. my old razr, or any 4g lte phone would have been dead before noon!!! Definitely a all day phone, and i am a heavy user!!

benz0

Reaction score
I barely get 8-10 hours with my MAXX! oh, forgot to mentioned, that's with 4g on all the time, 50% display, 2-3 hrs on constant usage (Fb, gaming, surfing, etc..) all throughout the day, gps (i work in the field service), texting, Fb, emails, etc.. my old razr, or any 4g lte phone would have been dead before noon!!! Definitely a all day phone, and i am a heavy user!!

Forget to mentioned, i still have 20-30% percent left at the end of my work day! ;)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
7hrs still trying to kill the charge it came with.... 15%

maxx'ed out....

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ended up with 9hrs.. that was heavy use, setting it up, syncing my apps learning and playing.... finally died while running maps and iheart on the way to work. All wifi until i headed out the door then 3g.

How long does it take to charge this beast from 0%? 2+ hours sound about right?

My work is in 4g coverage but didn't seem to have good solid connection. Speedtest at only 10mbps (still great) but 3g seems to load YouTube better... :dunno

maxx'ed out....

Creez

Reaction score
Forgive my n00bness guys, but how are you all able to see the exact percentage that you're setting the screen brightness to? All I have is the slider and my own personal (and probably wrong) estimate. Are you all using a different widget?

JerseyDaninAtlanta

Reaction score
New to the Maxx! Upgraded from the Incredible on Tuesday.

You can say I really put the battery to the test. After charging it to full I was playing My Music on the trip to work and then I was listening to my SiriusXM app all day. After about 6-7 hours straight, no stops, while in 4G, the battery was only down to 30%.

Consider that my old Incredible would be down to 10-15% after about 2 hours. I’m very impressed with the battery.

An issue I’m having though. I moved my MP3’s to the phone. I’m at work, and I’m trying to play them, but it’s not allowing me to. It says, “Song is not available because your device or computer is offline”. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Dunc

Reaction score
As for me I'm at 60% after 24h 1m.

Why:
- I surfed the internet for about 15 minutes, several dozen texts, pandora for 45 minutes on 4G.
- Made a total of 5 minutes worth of calls
- Phone doesn't get 4G in my building but I don't turn 4G off either. So I only get 3G from 8am-5pm
- Background sync is off from 8am-5pm while I'm at work since gmail emails are pushed to my outlook
- It was on 4G from 5pm-8am while at home.
- Overall I'd say it was a lighter than average day.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You will love it! I just got mine on Monday and I've been playing around with it. Its hard to put down. I use Task Manager with is an app thats already pre-installed in your apps (not a 3rd party) and it works really great. You can select apps that you want to end once your display turns off. The apps you select will not run in the background. I pulled my phone off the charger at 6:00 am and so far, I've been texting, used Twitter, emails, and watch a news clip and I'm at 90% and its 11:30 am. Thats much better than yesterday. I'm using a few Smart Actions to help out also. :biggrin:
New to the Maxx! Upgraded from the Incredible on Tuesday.

You can say I really put the battery to the test. After charging it to full I was playing My Music on the trip to work and then I was listening to my SiriusXM app all day. After about 6-7 hours straight, no stops, while in 4G, the battery was only down to 30%.

Consider that my old Incredible would be down to 10-15% after about 2 hours. I’m very impressed with the battery.

An issue I’m having though. I moved my MP3’s to the phone. I’m at work, and I’m trying to play them, but it’s not allowing me to. It says, “Song is not available because your device or computer is offline”. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

DocsDad

Reaction score
Forgive my n00bness guys, but how are you all able to see the exact percentage that you're setting the screen brightness to? All I have is the slider and my own personal (and probably wrong) estimate. Are you all using a different widget?

When using Smart Actions to set brightness it will show you. Also, there is a Brightness Widget in the Market to change on the fly if you want.