Battery Cover 3 Cheers for Verizon

Steve H

Reaction score
The other day when I was talking to Verizon about the voice search problem I mentioned to the tech rep that my battery cover had fallen off when I took the phone out of my pocket. Today Fedex show up with the new and improved cover.

THANK YOU Verizon

Reaction score
The other day when I was talking to Verizon about the voice search problem I mentioned to the tech rep that my battery cover had fallen off when I took the phone out of my pocket. Today Fedex show up with the new and improved cover.

THANK YOU Verizon

Did you have to ask for them to send you a new one or did they just blindly throw one to you by way of FedEx?

deputc26

Reaction score

THANK YOU Verizon

Wow that is awesome, what is different about the new cover?

Reaction score

THANK YOU Verizon

Some people were having issues depending on when you got your Droid with the battery cover sliding and or falling off.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score

THANK YOU Verizon

Did you have to ask for them to send you a new one or did they just blindly throw one to you by way of FedEx?

I didn't ask at all. Just told them that mine fell off when I took the phone out of my pocket. They wanted to confirm my address and today BINGO. Packing slip shows $4.95 and a $4.95 discount

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score

THANK YOU Verizon

It seems that the "pad" between the cover and the battery is thicker, it's wider for sure. The new cover takes a lot harder push to put on.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a known issue with the original battery cover. VZW and/or Motorola will replace it for free. FYI (for others) You just need call (either company) or go onto the Moto support site and they will send you a new one (for free). I would do it sooner rather than later thought because they have given out a TON of these and don't know how much longer they will continue with 'no hassle' replacements.

lschicky

Reaction score

THANK YOU Verizon

hahaha yeah my sister got one yesterday, she got her Droid when they first came out.

That's amazing. Coming from AT&T I'm still trying to wrap my head around actual customer support.

hahahaha yeah, you'll get used to it, their CS is amazing compared to At&hell.

Slothead

Reaction score
FedEx tried to deliver mine yesterday and I wasn't home. (HAVE TO SIGN FOR BATTERY COVERS!!!!!??? :icon_eek: ) I am expecting them to show up any minute for their second attempt.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Funny I have been into VZW store 3 times already and complained about the cover falling off , the Techs say "buy a plastic cover for the phone" , and I say "it will not fit into the Car Dock then , you going to refund me for the car dock ?" Of course they look like stunned deer in headlights , it seems the common answer is buy something or shut up . :mad:
And still did not address my battery problem , maybe I need to go to a different store . :icon_eek:

lschicky

Reaction score
Funny I have been into VZW store 3 times already and complained about the cover falling off , the Techs say "buy a plastic cover for the phone" , and I say "it will not fit into the Car Dock then , you going to refund me for the car dock ?" Of course they look like stunned deer in headlights , it seems the common answer is buy something or shut up . :mad:
And still did not address my battery problem , maybe I need to go to a different store . :icon_eek:

Yeah I would try a different store, or go back and bring them this: Moto Droid battery cover replacements free from Verizon Wireless. - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Save yourself the gas and either call CS or goto Motorola.com (and go to the CS area) and email them. That's what I did, I got an email within a few hours asking for my shipping info and it was sent the next day (yes, via FedEx and they require signature for just about everything. But you can leave a note with detailed information (tracking number, company/senders name and your name) and sign it and they will leave it, no need to go get a slip).