Lost my battery door this morning

dro0g

Reaction score
I bought a Droid the weekend they came out. It mostly lives in one of the hard clip-in holsters (the pouch holsters always seemed bulky to me.) I haven't had any battery cover related drama to this point.

Today I'm at the airport, traveling for work. I pull my phone off to go through security and discover the battery cover is gone. It was there this morning, all I can figure is it was somehow knocked off by the seatbelt in the car. Very annoying.

I saw the sticky regarding the replacement battery cover from Motorola. Anyone know if they're available at Verizon stores as well? The alternative will be spending the next few days with a piece of duct tape keeping things covered; not exactly a ringing endorsement for Motorola/Verizon's new flagship phone.

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I lost mine 3 hours after I first bought the droid. Luckily I found it the next day. You should be fine without the back cover for a few days. You won't even notice...just don't pour dirt into it.

Just go to motorola.com, get to the droid page and go to support and do a chat with them and ask for a new cover. I ordered mine the other day. They have changed the design and will send you a new one for free. Just tell them it keeps falling off.

daelight

Reaction score
Just go to the sticky on top of the this forum regarding battery door.

As an update, I am the original poster of the link and received my new door a couple of weeks ago.

It is the next generation, all they did was put a small spacer/friction pad on the back of it. It still fell off once, so I put a cut up a business card and placed it underneath the battery. Now it is solid as a rock.

P.S. Hey Stigy, if a member provides valuable information next time give them credit. It will make us want to participate more. It takes less characters to thank someone than to write a general "Received this information from a member on here:"

Observe: "Thanks to daelight for this great tip."

R

racklefratz

P.S. Hey Stigy, if a member provides valuable information next time give them credit. It will make us want to participate more. It takes less characters to thank someone than to write a general "Received this information from a member on here:" Observe: "Thanks to daelight for this great tip."

Wow - looks like someone is in serious need of some validation.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just go to the sticky on top of the this forum regarding battery door.

As an update, I am the original poster of the link and received my new door a couple of weeks ago.

It is the next generation, all they did was put a small spacer/friction pad on the back of it. It still fell off once, so I put a cut up a business card and placed it underneath the battery. Now it is solid as a rock.

P.S. Hey Stigy, if a member provides valuable information next time give them credit. It will make us want to participate more. It takes less characters to thank someone than to write a general "Received this information from a member on here:"

Observe: "Thanks to daelight for this great tip."

Sorry we missed that. I also got the replacement door. It's ok so far. For the OP if you are in a city with a VZW store in it. I would go there. Have thm give you a door off a new unit or replace the Droid for you