Battery charging indicator

jackmccarron

Reaction score
On the DX, when the battery is charging from AC or from a usb pc port, the little battery icon in the notification area is supposed to have a tiny "lightening bolt" symbol in it.

I notice that sometimes it's not there, usually when charging from the pc, but occasionally on AC charger.

I temporarily installed another battery monitor app that shows me the battery is indeed charging at those times when the lightning bolt isn't showing. I don't want to have to open this (or any other) app just to tell me it's charging when the existing notification icon should tell me.

Any suggestions?

In case this is a "feature" of the phone, does anyone know of a WIDGET that will clearly show the battery charge level AND if it's being charged? I don't want to have to open an app to find out if my charger is working.

Thanks,
Jack

OP
jackmccarron

jackmccarron

Reaction score
OK, after some tests, I've solved my own problem.

When the battery is fully charged (100%), the lightning indicator turns off even tho the charger/usb is still connected. This was not obvious before because I was having trouble with usb connection itself - see my post on "USB cable not recognized". That issue was solved by addict4life noting that my app killer was taking out the usb process thus killing the usb connection to the pc and the charge function too.

Any info on a good WIDGET that shows % charge and charging status will still be appreciated.

aDroidman

Reaction score
There is a battery widget that shows how much battery and if its being charged. It is called Battery Widget and was made by geekyouup. Motorola is being flooded with problems and last I checked this was one of them. They should be releasing an update that will fix that and some other problems. But till then that should have you set.