Batt Drain? May be New FB app ...

usranger80

Reaction score
I posted this a little while ago in another thread, pretty sure this is what is causing a lot of the battery issues, I have not had any, but it may be because I don't run the facebook widget.

lyam

Reaction score
Install "SpareParts" and check the Battery Use, Partial Wake Usage Settings. Facebook is through the roof. Magnitudes of usage above any other app.

Down to 60% in 5 hours with less than 10 minutes of screen on time and browser usage.

Unacceptable. I'm uninstalling facebook until this is fixed.

usranger80

Reaction score
Install "SpareParts" and check the Battery Use, Partial Wake Usage Settings. Facebook is through the roof. Magnitudes of usage above any other app.

Down to 60% in 5 hours with less than 10 minutes of screen on time and browser usage.

I am now almost certain if you just don't use the widget and set the app to autokill it won't have an affect on the battery. I have it installed and it has no affect, of course thats not the way it should be so I do hope they fix it soon for those who like to run the widget.

lyam

Reaction score

I am now almost certain if you just don't use the widget and set the app to autokill it won't have an affect on the battery. I have it installed and it has no affect, of course thats not the way it should be so I do hope they fix it soon for those who like to run the widget.

What technique do you use to set an app to 'autokill'?

Nibbz

Reaction score
i had been using the fbook widget and noticed less battery time, but I checked spare parts and facebook's usage is very low, one of the lowest actually. I still took the widget down, just thought i'd let ppl know how its working on mine.

usranger80

Reaction score
I use the setting in ATK to auto kill all apps when the screen is turned off, and then I add the apps I don't want killed to the ignore list, seems to work fine as I am running FRG22 now, hasn't been plugged into a charge for going on 17 hrs now with moderate usage, and I am still at 80% battery life. I do know that for the two hours I had the new facebook widget up that it went from 100% to 40% in a hurry.

usranger80

Reaction score
Almost forgot, there was a 2nd update put out yesterday for the facebook app that I installed, this was after the update from 2-3 days ago, maybe there was a fix in this to help with the battery issue, I don't know though since I rarely use the facebook app, guess I will try running the widget and see what happens and get back to you all.

tonydelite

Reaction score
I wasn't using the widget and it was killing my battery taking me down to 30% at the end of the day. Normally im at 60%.

I noticed that with the new facebook app, the process always stays running in the background. With the old one, it would quit a few seconds after you exited the program.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
my battery drained about 40% over night after being on facebook...very annoying.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I don't use facebook but maybe a couple times a week on my droid. Checked spare parts after reading this and it was at the top of the list for battery use. I've used it once since the update, no widget use either. I reverted back to v1.2 until its fixed.

Asperity

Reaction score
Noticed this problem too. 5 hrs of class and battery was down to 50% already. Uninstalling Facebook.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
interesting...

good thing i don't keep on notifications :)

Juggernaut

Reaction score