basic questions

stanwelks

Reaction score
1. when is it getting 2.0?

2. how does the speed of the hardware compare with the Motorola Droid?

xfeathersx

Reaction score
The upgrade is (suppose) to be out Dec. 11th, as for speed, what's a extra second or two, I haven't noticed a big difference.

TheShaz

Reaction score
1. when is it getting 2.0?

2. how does the speed of the hardware compare with the Motorola Droid?

I ordered the Droid today, the wife likes the look and price of the Eris. So, one thing she likes is her ebook collection. *lit files. I found the Android solution.

So I too would like to know if & when the Eris is getting 2.0 before I pull the trigger on that.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I can't compare the speed of the two phones, but can tell you that the Eris has no detectable lag and accepts input and responds instantly.

jsmmao

Reaction score
I started off with the moto droid and exchanged it for the htc droid..I really couldnt tell a difference in speed..the form factor of the moto is what got me..its bigger than my bb 8830 and i thought that thing was a brick..i am very happy with my exchange and love the htc droid..as for 2.0..its not that big of a deal..i couldnt even tell the difference between 2.0 and 1.5 besides the gps app (which is sick, but not needed for my use)..Im just hoping for an update to push the battery life to a 48 hr life on moderate use or 24 hrs at full use..but everyone has to have dreams lol ;)