Barcode App

Abby Normal

Reaction score
What's a good bar code app??

I want to scan an item and have it checked to see who is selling it at and what are the prices with a location if possible......

What does yours do and how do you like it??

Thanks in advance...:)

MontyMo

Reaction score
+1 on Shopsavvy
IT also scans those QR codes

Monty

pyro6128

Reaction score
shopsavy regularly saves me money. I just bought new headphones at best buy for half of the price they were selling it at. I scanned the barcode, found it half price, went over to customer service and showed them. Since they have a price match policy, they matched it. Well worth the download

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to have both Shop Savvy and Barcode Scanner, but ever since Shop Savvy released an update to read QR codes and barcodes of products, it fits all of my needs. It has definitely saved me some money as well.

al808

Reaction score
+1 for barcode scanner. I might have to give Shop Savvy a try, to see which one is better.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for barcode scanner. I might have to give Shop Savvy a try, to see which one is better.
Yup, same here, just installed Shop Savvy...will see what I like best and post later.

droidilac

Reaction score
shopsavy regularly saves me money. I just bought new headphones at best buy for half of the price they were selling it at. I scanned the barcode, found it half price, went over to customer service and showed them. Since they have a price match policy, they matched it. Well worth the download

Who/where was the competitor selling the headphones? I have this luck where stores wont match or beat "internet pricing" sometimes... :icon_evil:

BTW I also use shopsavy...

bluebooeyes

Reaction score
Let's see: there's NeoReader from NeoMedia that is available for Droid phones. i-nigma from 3GVision is also available for Droid platforms. ShopSavvy is another very popular app for smartphones including Droid.

Barcode.com actually did an interview with one of the developers Alexander Muse of ShopSavvy not too long ago.

gruve

Reaction score
Download them both, they're free. Try them both when you're trying to save money, who knows, one could save you more money than the other.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I've been trying to use barcode scanner while shopping around but it doesn't find anything. It reads the barcode and gets it correct but never finds a matching a product. Maybe 1 out of 100 times it finds a product. I'll have to try ShopSavvy and see if that works any better.

gatorbait

Reaction score
I'm also interested in knowing which is better between ShopSavvy and Barcode Reader. Since apparently ShopSavvy can now read QR codes, I guess the real question is which of the two apps can recognize more products and give more relevant price results?

Apparently Google has also come out with a scanner/shopper app called "Google Shopper". It is in the market and is a "Google Labs" app, so it sounds like it still has some bugs and functionality problems.

Has anyone had any luck with Google Goggles recognizing QR codes?