Bad ESN question

Android4Eternity

Reaction score
Hi everybody! So when I'm on eBay I see "bad esn" for smartphones all the time. One of the phones I was considering bidding on said "bad esn can't be activated on Sprint." So I'm a T-Mobile user and I was wondering if I could still buy it and use it with T-Mobile without troubles. I thought I might be able to do this because Sprint is a CDMA provider and T-Mobile is a GSM provider so they don't have anything to do with each other. Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody! So when I'm on eBay I see "bad esn" for smartphones all the time. One of the phones I was considering bidding on said "bad esn can't be activated on Sprint." So I'm a T-Mobile user and I was wondering if I could still buy it and use it with T-Mobile without troubles. I thought I might be able to do this because Sprint is a CDMA provider and T-Mobile is a GSM provider so they don't have anything to do with each other. Thanks in advance!

The fact alone that Sprint is CDMA and T-M is GSM makes it totally incompatible. CDMA and GSM is like Win7 and MAC O.S. (probably a bad example).

Back