Backup Question

knightrw1110

Reaction score
Droid X running 2.3.3, 4.5.605
As a new "Rooter" I'm anxious to flash a new ROM onto my Droid X, but before I start I want to make sure that everything is backed up properly so as to avert potential disaster. I've got Titanium Backup on my phone and of course also have Bootstrapper. My question is this, What are the steps for me to take so that I insure having a rock solid backup of my data, my apps, my current ROM, all those things that I will sooner or later probably want to go back to. and please assume I know nothing, since I know nothing. :)

valid

Reaction score
Droid X running 2.3.3, 4.5.605
As a new "Rooter" I'm anxious to flash a new ROM onto my Droid X, but before I start I want to make sure that everything is backed up properly so as to avert potential disaster. I've got Titanium Backup on my phone and of course also have Bootstrapper. My question is this, What are the steps for me to take so that I insure having a rock solid backup of my data, my apps, my current ROM, all those things that I will sooner or later probably want to go back to. and please assume I know nothing, since I know nothing. :)

I would first do a TB of everything. Then use Bootstrapper (DX2 bootstrapper) and do a bu. Thats perty much it. If you have more ??? let me know.

leftspin

Reaction score
I would first do a TB of everything. Then use Bootstrapper (DX2 bootstrapper) and do a bu. Thats perty much it. If you have more ??? let me know.

Expanding on this, you need to use the droid 2 bootstrapper to reboot into clockwork recovery and make a backup there by selecting backup/restore

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

valid

Reaction score
Expanding on this, you need to use the droid 2 bootstrapper to reboot into clockwork recovery and make a backup there by selecting backup/restore

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The droid 2 works with GB. If you are not using GB it will still work.