sd card question

kellyd1020

Reaction score
Hello, this may sound like a dumb question, but what would I need to keep if I wanted to format my sd card? I have a 16 gb and am getting close to being full. I have had to restore my phone for rooting like 3 times and I notice there are alot of files that I don't use anymore and want to delete them but am afraid I will screw my phone up. I would like to format the card and start fresh, so if anyone knows what I absolutely need to keep I would appreciate any input. I have a rooted Motorola Droid X Android version 2.3.3 with system software version 4.5.605 and my carrier is Verizon.

Thanks in advance

Beka27

Reaction score
You don't have to keep anything. If you want to keep pics or music, move to your computer first. Otherwise... clear it all out. As soon as you do, the apps you're currently using will replace the files they need to run. You'll also want to do a new backup (if you're rooted) since those files will be gone.

I do a complete format everytime I change roms. I hate having excess stuff everywhere.

OP
kellyd1020

kellyd1020

Reaction score
Thank you SOOOO much! This is why I love this forum, as this was exactly the answer I needed and was looking for! Thank you Beka, you fully understood my ramblings and provided me with a clear and informative answer. dancedroid