Backup Not Working

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
I just downloaded the ROM Manager tool, installed the ClockworkMod Recovery and tried to do a "Backup Current ROM". My incredible will reboot, show a green "circular arrow" for a half second, then a red question mark over a mini incredible icon. If i power off with the power button and power back on, i reload back to my factory ROM. Do i need to get an alternate recovery and flash back and forth to get it to work or is there something else i am missing?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just downloaded the ROM Manager tool, installed the ClockworkMod Recovery and tried to do a "Backup Current ROM". My incredible will reboot, show a green "circular arrow" for a half second, then a red question mark over a mini incredible icon. If i power off with the power button and power back on, i reload back to my factory ROM. Do i need to get an alternate recovery and flash back and forth to get it to work or is there something else i am missing?

You are rooted correct? Saw something similar in another thread and it turned out they lost root somehow ...

OP
S

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
You are rooted correct? Saw something similar in another thread and it turned out they lost root somehow ...

I am rooted. Admittedly, I did it before UnrEVOked came out for the incredible, but when I ran ROM Manager, it asked if I wanted to grant root permissions and I granted them.

OP
S

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
Not saying that you're not right, just be sure your Superuser ninja icon is still there ...

It's there. When i run it, it has Wireless Tether, ConnectBot, IncrediLight and ROM Manager listed as green lit apps for it.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - in RM scroll down to "Flash Alternate Recovery" and select it. After it's done select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and then try doing a backup again ...

OP
S

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
OK - in RM scroll down to "Flash Alternate Recovery" and select it. After it's done select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and then try doing a backup again ...

I don't have an alternate recovery option (yet). Don't have a usb cable to connect to the phone at work. Will have to download an alternative recovery tool when i get home.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - Have you tried flashing an older version of clockwork? Go in RM and select "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" - usually 2.0.1.3 works for me, but I am on a D1 ...

OP
S

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
OK - Have you tried flashing an older version of clockwork? Go in RM and select "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" - usually 2.0.1.3 works for me, but I am on a D1 ...

That didn't work. I wonder, it's possible I formatted as NTFS or something else when i formatted the card (it's 8GB). Is there a way to tell the format type within android, or do i need to connect via adb and use parted on the system?

OP
S

SpaceCowboy74

Reaction score
That didn't work. I wonder, it's possible I formatted as NTFS or something else when i formatted the card (it's 8GB). Is there a way to tell the format type within android, or do i need to connect via adb and use parted on the system?

I did have the system formatted FAT32. I just applied the unrEVOked3 system to my phone this morning. That seemed to put a version of ClockworkMod that worked for me. I was able to partition the sdcard for speed and did a backup of my system.

Thanks!