Backup Assistance not working

webbtown

Reaction score
I have not been able to get backup assistance to work on my droid x. It keeps telling me my passwork is wrong when I ask for my password it gives me the same one I put in. It will not let me uninstall it. It shows 2 backup assistance ver 1.? and 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to get backup assistance to work on my droid x. It keeps telling me my passwork is wrong when I ask for my password it gives me the same one I put in. It will not let me uninstall it. It shows 2 backup assistance ver 1.? and 2.2

Welcome!

And try entering the last 4 digits of your phone # for the password:)

OP
webbtown

webbtown

Reaction score
I did try that too. I can't log on verizons web page to get them it tells me to download backup assistance to my phone it is on my phone.

OP
webbtown

webbtown

Reaction score
Also call* 611 rec told me that the whole backup assistance system has been down and no date of when it will be fixed and back up.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Backup Assistant is always up and down as far as sync goes. There is quite a few times it fails on me. Sorry to here your having issues. In the event you get it working, move all your contacts to your Google account.

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant.
2. Click on select all.
3. Next to select all there is a gear with a pull down.
4. Click on Export to CSV
5. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV). I saved mine to desktop.
6. Log into Gmail/Google Voice.
7. Click on Contacts.
8. Click on Import.
9. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file.
10. Click Import.

Good luck:)

Lois_Lane

Reaction score
Read about a fix that worked for me

Hey all... I was experiencing the same wrong password issue with BA. This fix i found on another forum worked for me...

Go to......
SETTINGS
APPLICATIONS
MANAGE APPLICATIONS
find the app SYNC SERVICE (not BA)
Select CLEAR DATA

after this go back into BA and it will be as though you never set it up. Then it should accept your password and be up and running. :) hope this works for everyone else

bamdrb

Reaction score
lois_lane......you are the bomb it worked thank you

cindy2

Reaction score
This WORKED for me too!!

THANK YOU!! I too was having problems with my Backup Assistant. I Googled the problem, came to this forum, tried the fix listed here and it's now working!! AWESOME.....THANK YOU once again!!