Backup App

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Just looking for a free or paid backup program that works. Droid X. Tried Titanium Backup but it said "your phone is not rooted" and busybox (installed busybox and got the same thing not rooted)?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Scott

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a free or paid backup program that works. Droid X. Tried Titanium Backup but it said "your phone is not rooted" and busybox (installed busybox and got the same thing not rooted)?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Scott

Astro or MyBackupPro. Astro is Free, MyBackupPro is a few dollars. I prefer MyBackupPro.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Do those programs backup everything (apps, settings) etc? Thanks btw for replying.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Astro backs up your installed apps to your card. If something happens to the phone you just reinstall them all from the card. If you need more phone memory you can back them all up to your card, uninstall all apps from your phone (except default apps that come with the phone) and then reinstall from the card. This saves the installation space on the phone itself. It is only the install files, no data you've saved along with it. Many apps write their data to the card though, so in some cases your data is already being saved.

I can't speak for My Backup Pro. I do use Titanium and it works well, but as you pointed out you need root access to the phone which doesn't exist on the Droid X for end users.....yet.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Thanks, just bought my first app (paid I mean). Got MyBackup Pro for now. Appreciate it.

Scott

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
PS How do you close a thread once the answer has been found??

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't. Someone else may search for the same question you asked, have additional questions of their own or even have more feedback to offer down the road. Maybe Titanium backup gets upgraded and works on stock phones 3 months from now and someone updates this thread. Your question and the resulting answers benefits lots of others. Great question (the original post in this thread and this one!), thanks.

Good luck.